Star Wars Millennium Falcon, ILM Concept model

Excellent, what wheels did you find and what scale will be it … roughly ??

2 Likes

they’re just boff wheels 50mm in diameter, from an old toy, I’ll use the basic structure and strength of them, but cover them with styrene sheet, cut to look like the wheels in the drawing, I’ll start a new thread here when I’ve gathered at least half the raw materials I need to start the build. This build reminds me that I always wanted to build “UNITRON” from the Captain Scarlet episode point 783, it ended up falling off a cliff with an SPV, you never know, maybe next time after the ATAT.

3 Likes

Looking forward to that one :+1:

1 Like

35CM side elevation
drawing up a build layout, using the diameter of the wheels I’m going to be using, sizing it up in proportions of the 50mm wheels, the whole model will be 32cm in overall length, it would appear, I’m extrapolating details from the original drawing to get the overall look. I’ll transcribe the dimensions to an end elevation and plan view. after I’ve finalized the main drawing.

4 Likes

am I being a killjoy posting this link?

2 Likes

There are companys out there that will 3d print a job for you, don’t know how much they charge, but all you’d need to do is assemble and paint it, But is that going to stop me scratch building one? Nah, looking forward to having a go, and starting it’s own build thread, the wheels are in, ready for heavy modification.
the mech wheels b
they’re plastic, so can be sanded and covered with Styrene.

6 Likes

Looking good. I’m feeling like you have the wheels a bit too widely spaced in your drawing?

yes you’re right I have, I’ll be doing another drawing later.

3 Likes