Static grass applicator

Hey folks, I am looking at investing in a static grass applicator and am hoping for some recommendations. I don’t need “pro” quality, but don’t want junk either. There are lots on Amazon in a WIDE range of prices. If you could share your picks and suggestions, I would appreciate it. Never used one before, and am making a Normandy armour diorama, 1/35 scale.
Thanks!
Clint

1 Like

Hi Clint,

Try the Search facility (magnifying glass icon top right of screen), I typed in your thread title & got a bunch of past results amongst these forums that might help you.

Personally, many years ago I bought a 2nd-hand Grasmaster on Ebay (allegedly “only used once”) for around US$80 and split the cost with a HO-scale Railroad layout mate - between us we must have covered scores of scale-acres. It worked perfectly for his purposes, whereas I pushed the limits with very long grass (c. ¾ inch or more) which tended to flop over after a few hours…and we’ve all been there right? So just a tip for whatever Applicator you choose, unless you want a trampled look (as below) don’t go over ½ inch stalks…

2 Likes

This thread, in addition to being helpful, talks about how to avoid “floppage.”

1 Like

Thanks for the search tip and the Grasmaster info. I am looking forward to my first attempt at this and to avoiding the dreaded floppage…
Clint

1 Like