Steel Panther | Armorama

posted on 2 minutes ago updated on 2 seconds ago

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/steel-panther
1 Like

Great job! I have always believed that the Italeri Panther A and D could be built into great looking models in spite of the naysayers.

Bill

1 Like

I still believe any kit can be build into a beautiful model - it doensn’t always have to be the newest 500 parts kit.

1 Like

One of the best looking Italeri Panthers I’ve seen over the years. Very nice, kudo’s to the builder for doing excellent work.

1 Like

Hi William,
many thanks for your kind words, i’m glad you like it.
You’re right, no one doubts that the kit may be incorrect, but the one who decides how it looks is us, the modelers.
Cheers and TC
Francis :+1:

Hi Basco,
many thanks for your kind words, i’m glad you like it.
I totally agree with you, I have seen in forums many “new 500-piece” kits, which look like “detailed” toys, and oldies, which would win contests … obviously, if the kit is superb and the modeler can squeeze it, the result is better. …
Cheers and TC
Francis. :+1:

Hi Armor_Buff,

Many thanks for your kind words, you’re very kind, i’m glad you liked it. IMHO, Considering that it was a guinea pig, it was the second kit after my return to the hobby after an interval of about 25 years, and not a very good mold (it was in the stash for about 25 years … I imagine that at that time it did not It was too bad), the result, trying to implement the new techniques and materials, was not like making spare parts (fortunately, lol …)
Cheers and TC

1 Like

Looking really good! One thing though: on the exhaust pipe on the left, the two outside tubes were air intake tubes and would not be rusty. Only the center one.

Jesse

1 Like

Hi Jesse,

many thanks for your kind comments, i’m glad you like it. I did not know, and from what I see there are very few who know, thanks for the detail, the next “Cat” will have it as indicated.
Cheers and TC

Totally agree!!!

I do have one suggestion concerning the muzzle brake. I have rarely seen real tanks have blackened brakes due to firing. I used to do the same until someone corrected me about this. Look closely at photos to see.

Bill

1 Like

and here I was thinking “Steel Panther” was a heavy metal band lol

1 Like

Hi Bill,
Thanks for tip, As I mentioned above, it is the 2nd (first 100% model) finished when I returned to the hobby after more than 20 years, I know it is not perfect, but thanks to people like you, I am improving.
I will keep it in mind for my next AFV.
Cheers and TC

Hi Klaus, I admit it’s a confusing name, lol …
Cheers and TC
Francis :+1:

Francis,

Your Panther is a work of art! You did an amazing job, especially given the kit you built. Well done, Sir!

Bill

1 Like

Wow, that came out great.
I don’t know about the discrepancies with the kit, but it sure looks like a Panther to me.

1 Like

Bang up job on this older kit. Just proves you don’t need ‘the latest and greatest’ to build a credible model. The Panther looks great.
Cheers,
C.

2 Likes

Hi Bill,
you’re very kind, i’m glad you like it, the kit was a consignment of models that accompanied a weekly publication of Osprey Military, and that they were completing with each delivery.
In total there were 15 models, some from Zvezda (a brand that I did not even know), and that remained in a closet for almost 20 years.
Back in the hobby, they were perfect for “guinea pigs” and catch up, and get rid of the “rust” and start trying new materials and techniques … that way, if I didn’t get what I wanted, the "damage "I was less … lol
Cheers and TC

Hi Petro,
Many thanks for your kind woeds, i’m glad you like it, Nowadays, it is a totally outdated kit, but as a “guinea pig”, or even for someone with “scratch” skills to correct the errors of the kit, with time and some skill, without a doubt as you say, it looks like a “Panther” … lol
Cheers and TC