I know I’ve asked this question a few times since 2015, but still no plastic, non-resin, kit of the not so successful HS.30 Lang IFV/APC. Heck, they released two kits of the less successful US M114 APC a few years ago.
Being more interested in Cold War Armor these days since I served in Germany back in 1980 to 1983 as a US Army Tanker. I saw plenty of Marder IFVs and German-ized M113s during that time, but I never seen the HS 30 Langs since they were withdrawn back in the late 1960s… They were not even reassigned to their Reserve since they had plenty of M113 APCs and M48 MBTs by the 1980s.
I just think at there is a special place in the modeling world for a HS 30 Lang, just like the U.S. M114 has.
There are resin kits of both, though. Still, I never did pluck up the courage to start the Elite SPz Lang, as many of the longer parts look distinctly wavy and will probably need a lot of work to fit properly. The Perfect Scale SPz Kurz looks a lot better in the box, though I also haven’t got round to building it in the 10+ years it’s been in my stash
Coincidentally enough, I visited the stash over the weekend and decided I’d have a look at my Elite Modellbau resin Spz, and here it is in all it’s complex glory:
You may find this of interest folks, I hope so. It does look quite well produced but also complex, and I’m not sure if I’m up to that just yet so unlikely that I’ll tackle this one anytime soon; I also have the out of production FCM version (not shown).
I suppose if I did start on this one, a manufacturer would bring one out in plastic!
As an afternote you would have thought that Revell of German would have tackled this one; they seem to have produced everything else Bundeswehr - endless Leopards, endless M48s, Fuchs, Luchs, a couple of the later Marders, the Kanonen and Raketen-Jagdpanzers (not an SS11 version of the latter I’ll grant you but PSM have taken care of that), so what are they waiting for?
Revell.de doesn’t seem to be what it used to be. I was searching high & low for a Marder A3 kit, which has been OOP for a while. I finally came across a parts kit, & along with another parts kit, managed to crib a full kit out of it. But it seems A LOT of the catalog is OOP at the moment; I just can’t find the kits like I used to from them.
From the sales prespective. the HS30 is not too well known world wide. I think they don´t expect make enough profit to invest 500.000 € in the moulds. Next release next year is the ultra-modern
Schwerer Waffenträger Infanterie, based on GTK Boxer. It looks like RoG turns more into a “toy company”
Revell Germany would be the safest bet for anyone to produce a kit of these. Get to working on your resin kit so the rest of us can have an injection molded 1/35 HS.30
IIRC I think SSModel 3D print does either a kurz or lang (or both). I just ordered an EE-9 Cascaval from them; when fundage permits, I may go for one of those as well. I’m tired of waiting for a plastic kit, to be frank.