Street workers | Armorama™

MiniArt continues releasing civilians in the form of Street workers.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/street-workers
4 Likes

Not what I expected. :rofl:

8 Likes

Thats a term that my dad would have used…

3 Likes

Oddly enough, I bet a different set of figures with the same name would be militarily appropriate and sell very well.

4 Likes

The picture reminds me of Sophie Scholl. She has even a simmilar haircut. We need some Resistance fighter figures !

1 Like

Like this?
https://www.scalemates.com/kits/master-box-mb24061-mindy--1162891

3 Likes

Yup, but 1/35.

3 Likes

A lot of Master Box and MiniArt figure sets have civilians that could become resistance fighters.

Master Box offers one set specifically purposed as French resistance fighters: “Maquis” - French Resistance

Volkssturm also includes some dedicated resistance type figures: Volkssturm, Germany, 1944-45 (5 Figures)

1 Like

Whew…when I first glanced at this I thought it said “street walkers.” And I then thought, “What has modeling resorted itself too?!” Good thing I read this again! LOL!

4 Likes

Hah, I saw Steel workers :joy:

2 Likes

Me too! However, Master Box has already covered this, at least for Vietnam:
Somewhere in Saigon, Vietnam War Series /35185/ | Vietnam War era Series | Scale 1:35 | Ukraine scale plastic model kits figures (mbltd.info)
WW2:
Europe, 1945 /3514/ | World War II era Series | Scale 1:35 | Ukraine scale plastic model kits figures Master Box (mbltd.info)
I’ve just realised if the chap on the left of the picture was in British battledress he’d be an excellent depiction of my Dad; right time, right place…
As a basis for conversion:
Pin-up /35183/ | World War II era Series | Scale 1:35 | Ukraine scale plastic model kits figures Master Box (mbltd.info)

The current Japanese term is “Standing Girls”, many wear school uniform and the price goes down once they hit 18…

“Street Walkers” puts me in mind of an ancient insult: “That part which would have made him properly human had ran down his mother’s leg and dripped in the gutter where she plied her trade…”

Cheers,

M

1 Like

Very happy that many art continues to produce civilian subjects.

1 Like

I’d be happy to see civilans workers in the manufacturing indusrty - Rosie the Riveter, Wendy the Welder, and others, in 1/32 or 1/48 scale. There’s a pretty nice 1/30 scale Rosie out there already…

1 Like

Not sure this one follows OSHA clothing requirements…

H.P.

3 Likes

Industria Mechanika realm, OSHA means for something else :flushed:

Seriously tho, Michael (FichtenFoo) Fichtenmayer, kits were very high quality. From designs to cast kit product. I actually have that Sasha kit. Still hot designs but now, FichtenFoo, sells 3d files.

2 Likes

K.Sp.1, build her for us soon???

2 Likes

I can do that in March.

2 Likes