Sturmgeschultz III

I would like to introduce Sturmgesch III, which was just released at the German munitions factory in 1938

BR

12 Likes

My type of build, clean, crisp, no dirt, chipping or other artistic touches :smiley:

It looks so clean, are we looking at a prototype or something?
This is indeed also my current skill level of scale modeling. No affects or weathering, factory fresh and no damage.
Although my skill level is probably a little under this result, since I’m also not having yet mastered the skill to assemble a realistic looking gun barrel without a seam line along where the two parts join together.

2 Likes

You’ve done a good job here, but if you don’t mind, I have some comments:
-This model of Stug III would have come out of the production line in 1940.
-The metal tools would look nicer if they were painted black or very dark grey and then maybe drybrushed lightly with a metal colour
-Tool clips/Tool holders and the fire extinguisher would most often be painted the same color as the tank out of the factory

3 Likes

Thank you for your positive feedback.

Yes, the prototype weathering has not been completed yet and will be uploaded again when the work begins. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for the detailed explanation~ I changed the date and I will revise what you said in the future work.
BR

As I am driving myself nuts painting and weathering a Panther G with filters, washes, oil paints, and pigments you work is like a breath of fresh air. Maybe my next Panther will be factory fresh sitting on a rail car!
Really liked this post!!
Best Regards,
John S.

1 Like

Hi John, thanks for reading my post. I should do weathering like Panther G. Thank you.
BR

That looks excellent. Nice finish and great pics too! I have this kit and can’t wait to start it.

Thank you for your positive feedback.
:slight_smile:

BR

I have a question for any and all. Would a vehicle fresh from the factory floor have all the specific unit markings, and even the number for the vehicle’s place in a unit, or just national insignia and maybe the width lines. Vehicle numbers and unit markings would be added by the crew once it was given to the unit. I do have a reference, Walter Spielberger’s 'Panzer III and it’s varients which has some pictures of tanks at the factory. There are no markings on them at all. So when were markings added? Pix of that being done would make a nice dio.
DAKjunkie

I think the title is confusing. I think we should change the title. That way, there’s no misunderstanding. ^^ I just started to know when to number. Thank you for the information.

Ausf B was completed last year. I added weathering work. I’m not done yet, but I think I can do a little more. Please look at this.

4 Likes