Su-7 BM- BKL- BMK 1:48th scale

Hi everyone,

I’m currently building Su-7 , 1:48th

I’m doing them at the same time, anyone had any issues with them ?

5 Likes

Four at once?!

Oh I gotta follow along!

1 Like

I have two of the same kits: an Eduard offering (The KP kit with photo etch, etc.) and the other KP. I haven’t built either kit, though I have read a few online build logs. From what I can gather, the fit of the tail planes and wings isn’t that great, and the cockpit is spartan. The differences between versions in the instructions are kind of blurry and don’t necessarily reflect the aircraft concerned (but adequate reference material would remedy that I hope?). The plastic is thick, and nose weight is required, though not specified. But they’re often described as a fun build and from what I’ve seen of the kits I look forward to building them myself (someday, lol). Gauranteee I’ll be following along with the builds!

Good luck!!
Chris

1 Like

Yup… Four at once.

Worked a little today on them.

Here’s how they are :

Su-7 BM - Warsaw Pact version - ( still not sure, but I might go for the Polish Version )

Su-7 BM Czech version,

Su-7 BKL ,

Su-7 BMK

I still have the Two Seater version , but I still need some extras and also I might build it along a Su-9U Two seater… I don’t know.
Doing 4 at once is ok, doing 5 is too much :joy: :joy:

3 Likes

I have a 350 page Book on Su-7… plenty of references, but funny enough not much with the cockpit & seat, that I found online, maybe not the same versions, some with upgrades, but well it could be worst.
I noticed that about the instructions, there’s not much difference between all the versions.
For some kits I got upgrades, seat, PE, masks, wheels, pitot tubes and guns,stencils,etc…
The plastic is quite thick, but there is some very nice detail on the surfaces.
On some models the weight is specified ( 10 gr ) not on all kits.

Thanks for the tips / help Chris !

1 Like

Greetings from Trinidad and Tobago. I have a friend who built the Eduard version (Su-22). He had some issues with the main landing gear doors and the final height of the aircraft. He says the main gear is too short as compared to pictures, especially noticeable with ordinance. Hope this is helpful.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip / help !!
I don’t know if the Eduard Su-22 is based on the same kit as these but I’ll keep an eye on it when I get to the landing gear.

We had a football player from Trinidad playing here many years ago… Russell Latapy and Leonson Lewis .
I don’t know what they do nowadays but I remember their creativity and flair

Wow will definitely be watching this! I have the KittyHawk Su-22 in my stash to build one day its such a cool family of airplanes IMO much like the Su-27-35 family.

1 Like

Update, worked on all of them this weekend and today,

2 Likes

Still working on the cockpits & seats.
A lot of work needed before having all 4 birds with wings.

5 Likes

The KP Su-7 BM, fuselage is closed up, wings are on.

SMER Su-7 BKL, cleaning up the wings.
This one is taking more time, the PE cockpit slowed me down

2 Likes

Sorry for not updating for sometime ,

KP Su-7 BM, closed up the fuselage today :

It will require putty on a few spots.

SMER BMK :

KP Su-7 BM Warsaw Pact version,

After getting the wings… I noticed it was going to be a Putty Festival

I added the 30 mm cannons.

So as you can see there’s still a lot of work ahead with these four birds.

I’m planning a Polish,Czech, Afghan and Soviet versions.

4 Likes

Hi everyone !!

Still working on the BM versions, Putty Festival at Sukhoi House,
I might need some touch up in a few more places, but most of it is done.
After this I still need to add up maybe 10 to 12 small details to the fuselage, some PE too.

The BKL and BMK versions are on hold, waiting for some extras for the cockpits.

2 Likes

Ah the fun of gap filling… man the fit of the air brakes looks bad! Might it be better to position those open?

1 Like

I know… I’m still considering since these are already glued, but the detail inside is very, very poor.