T-34/76 model 1941 or 42 turret

I’m working on this T-34/76 turret for a vignette and trying to decide whether to make it burnt out completely or keep it in its original color. Is it possible for it to be partially burnt out? I have some pics that seem to show both. Here are some WIP pics of the turret and figs. Still playing around with the composition. Processing: 5C5B9A69-83F5-4B99-BD74-
9270DEACE096.jpeg…

6 Likes

Oh yeah , I forgot to mention that the turret and gun breach is from an old Tamiya kit and the barrel is a metal one (already primed) with the manlet and recuperator housing from a Dragon kit. The figures are from Warriors, CD Yoshi and Coree. Comments welcome

2 Likes

Looks pretty cool!
I bet if it was a freshly knocked out T-34 there would still be some 4BO showing through.

1 Like

Thats built up nicely Richard. Destruction is always tricky… I think if you go down that route there would probably be certain areas that keep the colour or even a faded out version after the fire has fizzled out…also, how was it destroyed… An entry hole which has cooked off everything in the fighting compartment and turret, or a kill shot on the engine area ? I think the best option is reference images and picking a happy medium you’re content with…the good thing is no one can say your right or wrong as there are so many variables in the kill shot and the after effects.

2 Likes

Looking good Rich and I agree with the others, you can do almost anything you want with the turret. The fire could have come from the hull and burned through the turret, leaving any combination of 4BO/scorch and rust you want. Don’t be afraid to get creative. Since it’s a small separate piece, if you don’t like how it comes out, just strip it and do it over differently.

1 Like

Richard @metalhead85 , you may already of seen it but look at the Sherman damage in Supercharge 2 … It’s a really lovely done Dio of a knocked out wagon … May give you some ideas :+1:

1 Like

Yeah I kinda figured that Matt. My thinking was that if a round entered the engine bay and went through to the fighting compartment it could have set off the ammo but maybe not right away. I’m gonna play with it and see how it looks.
Picture is for discussion purposes only.
Here’s a pic of a turret still in its winter camo scheme but with the back of the turret blown off. Very interesting……

2 Likes

Yes John I think you are correct. I’ve been looking at photos of tanks with their turrets blown off and some of them looked fairly intact considering the destruction.

1 Like

Yeah I believe so Ezra, the more pics I find the more I’m comfortable with painting the turret partially burned.

1 Like