T-34/85 questions

I’m planning to do the mini-art T-34/85 interior kit for the mini-art campaign starting in 21 days. I’ve started studying the kit instructions and have some questions, and assume I’ll have more.

1. Interior colors (crew compartment) is white I believe. Mini-art says the floor is blue gray. What should I do with colors here.
  2. Interior colors (engine compartment) - I think I’ve read both green and just primer, but would like some knowledge
  3. the “flaps” above the engine - I’m not sure what to call these things but they are lengthwise pieces that look to rotate on an axis in the back deck. When are these open?

Can’t comment on #s 1 and 2 but if I’m not mistaken the louvers are for air intake and would be in the open position if the engine is running. I’m sure others will chime in on #s 1 and 2 and also correct me if I am incorrect. Good luck.

Re Q1 - those colours are pretty much it. Up to you how faded /weathered you make them.
Q2 - I’d be inclined to go with the red - put your self in Ivans shoes in 1943/44 - why waste paint on the inside of the engine bay? Remember also the life “expectancy” of a T34 was about 6 months before the need for a major overall - and that was OUTSIDE of combat.
Q3- sorted!

Did you take a look at these two video’s?

3 Likes

Yes, they are great. And they fill all my claustrophobia needs.

3 Likes

Just wanna say as a loyal Chieftain fan all his videos are great as well as great reference material, plus the added bonus he’s a modeler!

1 Like

This is a great resource for all thing T-34

1 Like