T-64B from 3 Shock Army - Skif Kit

Thanks; ! I like to think so!

Excellent diorama! Great job on the vehicles and ground work, figures too. Love Cold War subjects. Reminds me of my time in Germany as well. Just one question; did Soviet tank crews wear those camouflage uniforms? Again very well done!

Rich

Thanks Rich. I aim to please! My whole theme (of modelling) tends to be that of the Cold War, at first just reflecting my own time but inevitably has grown to encompass 1945 to 89 and includes, MBTs, APCs, Arty, AD and some softskins; or rather, that’s what the stash contains - when they’ll get built of course is another matter!

The Soviet tank crews did indeed wear the camouflage coverall at this time; I was lucky enough to work alongside the Intelligence boys in HQ BAOR in the early 80s and would receive pictures taken by the military mission- BRIXMIS - and these were often of good quality, so I noticed the use of the coveralls and filed it away in my memory for something like 30 years(!). The Int Section also had an actual coverall so I was able to study it (though it stank). Funnily enough the light patches were a very light grey and almost digital in their construct, not that that is discernible in 1:35.

The figures on the model were originally Dragon with coveralls modified using Milliput and Hornet Heads added. The personal weapons came from Dragon too.

Anyway, thanks for the comments.

Brian

Again Really great job Brian!