T-Model German Loading Ramp | Armorama™

A review of T-Model 1/35 kit of a Loading Ramp for flatcars.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/t-model-german-loading-ramp

I think these were used post-war too!

Any idea where to purchase this? None of the normal places that sell T-Model list it.

It is a quite new kit and seems it has not reached the shops yet, according to T-Model it will be soon on MBK, Hobbyeasy and others.

Saves a lot of trouble than buying the whole Trumpeter kit just for the ramp!

I am sure these were used post war. A loading ramp is a ramp, is a ramp, is a ramp regardless of war or peace.

Looks certainly possible to scratch build if the desire is great enough.

I think if used as a display base I would want to include at least a short portion of the less expensive Dragon four axle flatcar just to set the stage and to clearly explain just what this device was used for. At least include the first truck and decking.

I took a different approach to a similar problem recycling a 2 axle flat car into an end-of-track loading ramp.

2 Likes

Truly transportable mobile loading ramp from the Great War:

Illustration used here for discussion purposes ONLY.

1 Like

WHY is this post filed in “Site Content Discussions”? Rather than in either “Armor: WWII Axis” or in “Railroad Modeling”?

All too often worthwhile reports, information and discussions get overlooked because they have been placed under the “General Discussions” heading rather than under their actual and correct topic heading.

The site content mechanism is explained at length here, single post and most of the rest of that topic:

As for Armorama vs Railroad:
Yes, it is used at the railroad.
To load armor on railroad waggons.

My very personal opinion is that the usage overrules the fact that it is used at the rail head.
An SSyms could also be used to transport other heavy stuff so in that case the railroad aspect dominates.
A railroad bridge used as diorama accessory to display tanks driving under it? Diorama, Armorama or Railroad? What if the bridge has lost the tracks and is used as a local path for sheep, cows, peasants and tourists? Railroad or diorama? The bridge was built for the railroad and then abandoned.
Is your scene of the Stug loading/unloading a diorama, armor or railroad?

I am making a suggestion rather than a complaint here. (Though I guess I AM making a lot of noise here in my complaining styled suggestion.) I do think a methodology for multi-topic listing is at least worth considering.

And I still maintain that too many items are incorrectly filed in the general discussion section that should rightly be in placed in their proper subject division, if not by the author then by one of the admin moderators.

Robin please stop defending the status quo of the site architecture when clearly here, I am proposing a CHANGE to the site architecture.

If you should find no merit in my “suggestions” then that is your’s (and everyone else’s) prerogative ~ so be it!

I do not have any influence whatsoever over the site architecture.
I do not know what Jim can or can not do.
What i CAN do is to explain the current structure.
This could be seen as moving the question from:
Why did the author of a feature post in this area?
to:
Why are the inner workings of the site built like this.

@staff_Jim : Jim. care to educate us in why it works like this and what can or can’t be done?

Rest assured I also forwarded this discussion to Jim. It is not really a topic to be discussed by the admin staff but rather by the chief programmer himself!

Indeed,
whoever the chief programmer may actually be …

Indeed.