T-Rex Tracks for Soviet Tanks | Armorama™

I have twoish updates. I’ve assembled some more. I’m not in a hurry, so I just do a few at a time.

These are really fragile. The pins particularly are prone to snap when pushing them in. But I think I realized it doesn’t matter. If they snap, just push the next piece in. They get crowded in and seem to make a continuous pin all the way through and work fine. (So far).

I had a problem in that I’d put in the pins and they would start to slide out. So I was looking for some instructions and not really finding any but noticing that the end of the pins I had didn’t look like the end of the pins in the pictures. Looking closely it made me wonder whether I should push the pins in a little farther with the hopes that one of the ridges would “snap in”. Given how brittle they are I thought this unlikely but decided to push in a few pins with the back of my thumbnail. And I don’t think they snap but I think that inner ridge kind of collapses in the hole and holds them in place. So far they seem to be holding (and still working) so perhaps that is it? But this is a delicate operation as I broke one of the edges off a track-link when doing this.

Now I have next to zero experience with resin so they may not be as brittle as they seem to me, or people who are used to working with resin may have come to have a gentler touch.

A completed track run!

Since taking this photo I took them downstairs and put a first coat of primer on them. I had only two pins slipping out, so the pressing in seems to work. (But I think I lost one of the pins).

These are fragile. I had to repair two of the links - the piece on the end of the track is very thin - nicely molded for scale I imagine but I might prefer robustness for these. I don’t think they are going to handle much handling.