T34 Calliope Conversion

Ah, I see. I wouldn’t normally consider those shackles but they are quite similar so it makes sense.

I only know of three companies that have released 1/35 kits/conversions - Resicast, Verlinden and Legend. The Legend kit (ex-Coree I believe) had regular chain as it was meant to replicate that version, but the chain wasn’t great. Both Verlinden and Resicast had/have resin cast chain and these are actually quite accurate, or at least the Resicast ones are as I’ve only seen the Verlinden one in photos.

1 Like
2 Likes

Yes, those are what I call shackles, particularly on the right side of the photo. That’s why I noted that the flail links are quite similar, but the bolt/pin is not removable from what I can see without cutting it off.

1 Like

This will be one for my list but that is going to depend on price as too if it will stay on there.

Pics of the parts- 【蘭模型 LM35001&LM35002】1/35 T34风琴多管火箭炮&M8火箭弹评测_静态模型爱好者--致力于打造最全的模型评测网站

It’s too bad they didn’t correct the springs and the rocket decals. The springs definitely need replacing as they look nothing like the real thing. And the white decals should be yellow. But is does still look impressive.

1 Like

Ammo boxes for the rockets would be nice.

I agree Jon the springs are anemic. Not nearly enough coils, but thankfully they’re separate parts. Nothing a little wire wrapped around a drill bit won’t fix in about 30 seconds.
The decals, well, I’ve got a laser printer that prints yellow. Once I get the kit I’ll reproduce the stenciling in yellow.
I know, I know, they should have just gotten it right the first time. But the rest of the kit rocks so hard that these are small potatoes to me. I’ve wanted a good calliope since I built Monogram’s “Screamin’ Mimi” back in the 70’s. I’ve got this on pre-order from HobbyEasy and I’ve started the M4A3 late it’s going on. Good times.

1 Like

Which kit are you using? I don’t recall if you posted.

1 Like

No Ryan I didn’t do a post yet but I’m using the Asuka “Cougar” M4A3 75mm Late kit # 35046. Haven’t gotten past cleaning up wheels yet.

1 Like

I have the same kit as carrier :slight_smile: I am planning to use other tracks and a metal towing cable as add ons…

1 Like

The only thing(s) missing are correct decals…