T72 m1, lion of babylon, finished!

Hello friends!

I finished my T72 M1, Iraq Lion of Babylon, I hope you like it:

WIP at: T72 M1

Regards!
Rodolfo

16 Likes

Very cool! It would be awesome if you made a little dio for it!

Thanks for your kind comments Ezra!. Regarding to Diorama, I want to do it, but I do not have any elements at this moment for that. Meantime I am thinking in to build another kit.

Regards!
Rodolfo

This came out really nicely! Kind of odd for me to see one intact, not abandoned, burned up and scavenged by scrappers; seemed like every T72 I saw was like that (or worse). Excellent work and finish!!

Thanks for your kind comments John!. Several were abandoned in this state but the press mainly photographed the destroyed tanks to give more impact to the “news”.

Regards!
Rodolfo

Rodolfo, I kind of had a ring side seat for the wrecks in 2003, they were all I recall seeing because if we found one intact the Marines had a tendency to put a round or two into it ‘just to be sure’ with obvious results. I do know what you mean about the press though, a lot of them were about the drama. Some weren’t though we had a reporter attached to my unit who actually lived in the dirt with us, she was a pretty cool young lady. I remember she even got reamed by the 1SGT for not wearing the proper protective gear on a raid. During the march up we had Rick Leventhal from Fox embedded with the battalion (he was very cool, before we moved out from Matilda he let everybody call home on his satellite phone), but I never saw any of his stories.

2 Likes

@rtvmodeler, that looks amazing. I love all the weathering and amazing detail! I can’t wait to see more work by you.
Logan

@white4doc - thanks for share your experience!
@logandavis74 - thanks for your kind comments!. Soon I will start another project!.

Regards!
Rodolfo

Very nice finish! I like the beat up weathered look that you achieved.

Thanks for your kind comments Carlos!!!

Regards!
Rodolfo