T90A meng special edition 1/35 (what if captured by ukraine)

I’m a bit late on the thread, but here it is. I finnished one track yesterday (took me a week to do the kit one), I’m working on multiple sub assembled parts and I started doing the Z on my ERA plates after painting them with the roadwheels in green using a airbrush. I intend to mask part of the Z in green and put a ukrainian flag on the front plate with “slava ukraini” on it.
DSC_7529
DSC_7530
DSC_7532

4 Likes

Hello, an update on my build: I did the central stowage bin, the smoke grenade lanchers, the suspension, the shtora 1 and worked on the suspension and the tracks. It was a bit complicated to get around the shtora 1 support and I wish there was more views on the smoke grenade launchers in the instruction because I had to rely on pics of the real one to see where to place the left smoke grenade launcher.
DSC_7533

DSC_7534

DSC_7535

DSC_7536

3 Likes

I finnished the second set of tracks today and started the engine this week. I expect the tracks to take longer than a few weeks and I feel like I had less difficulties on the second set.
DSC_7540

2 Likes

Progressed on the turret. I added details and sanded the joint of the gun. I might start painting it this week.
DSC_7550

2 Likes

Nice progress on your build,

3 Likes

Here’s the progress on my T90A paint job. I did the primer for the main parts and I assembled the putin figure on his bear too.
DSC_7568
DSC_7569
DSC_7571
No idea what this part for the putin figure is, for some reason, meng doesn’t give instruction to build the figure.
DSC_7570

2 Likes

Kind of funny that now i have taken the mantle of building the exact same model you’ve been working on, minus the Bear-Riding Putin. :grin:

I am thinking of also making my build as a Ukrainian Captured vehicle. :+1:

I use oryx for my inspiration for this what if. No idea of what color to use for a 2023 putin or the bear since meng doesn’t indicate them.

Well? To be accurate, the bear would be a Far Eastern Brown Bear (Kamchatka Brown Bear)

As for Putin, Just paint him with some Russian Army modern camouflage pants and a brown leather belt.

1 Like

Ok, still unsure about putin skin and hair. I’ll have to see how to do the blood splatter too (he and the bear will have that on them to represent putin crimes/agression toward its neighbors).

I would go with pale light skin tone with greyish hair. hands and boot soles covered in blood; pants stained in blood spatter. I would us Tamiya Clear Red for the blood.

2 Likes

Ok, I also want to cover the torso. The eyes will be the most difficult part as well as the details, my shaky hand don’t help.

I am in the same predicament as you are on painting eyes on 1/35 figures. you could use some milliput and fashion a shirt for him and paint it in white an blue stripes, like the typical Russian military shirt.

I’m keeping the torso since it’s in the meme. I do intend to use milliput to modify my heller soleil royal tho. Would’ve been better if meng did the instruction on the figure.

1 Like

Maybe these will help:

Hope these help!
Ken

1 Like

something like that

2 Likes

with my shaky hands, unsure I’d do a verry good job with the lines (it doesn’t help with the small parts either). My figure got less hair too.

It’s been a while but I did progressed on my T90. I painted the ERA plates using drybush for the Z (doing the same for the flag and the green masking some of the Z). I did some work on the engine as well and started painting the fuel tanks
DSC_7729
DSC_7730

2 Likes

It’s been a while since I haven’t posted a update but here’s what it look like now. I’m doing the ukrainian flags on the side skirts and did the primer for the bear.
DSC_7757
DSC_7758
DSC_7759

1 Like

Finally posting the progress I did on this one. I added the roadwheels and the engine. I started the track (I intend to use a cheap version of nightshift method) and I’m fixing the paint on my turret. I broked 2 parts on the hull rear, I’ll put them back after placing the upper hull.
DSC_8515
DSC_8516
DSC_8517
DSC_8518

2 Likes