Takom 1/16 Type 94 Tank with interior

I find Takom 1/16 Type 94 an interesting kit. Just about all hatches open and you can see the inside very easily, especially at this scale. Takom never released an interior or a version with one though. Not really their thing I suppose. I thought maybe some one would create one, but no. So I bought a 3D printer and got a CAD program online and started on one. Have everything in place. Not all is cemented in place yet, for ease of painting, but it should convey the idea. Maybe a little ambitious? I don’t know, but it was fun and I learned quite a bit. So am I crazy?

It was some work. The idea is to have the tank slightly destroyed and abandoned. An idea with it close up, but doors open.

Next will be painting of the interior. I already have an idea for the next project and I’m not even finished here. The Zvezda STZ-5 is perfect to start to make the Odessa tank.

13 Likes

Wow that looks excellent so far Mike. So you just up and decided to start 3d printing some parts ? Lol very brave and you obviously know what you’re doing. Great job!

Looks great so far, very ambitious and well done, looking forward to seeing the finished product!

There was a learning curve for sure. I got a portable drafting board, Digital Angle Finder Protractor and a Digital Micrometer Caliper Tool to help with the next projects. Thanks for the comment.

Yea, my wife just shook her head. My dad was amazed at the technology although. I hope it all comes together. Thanks for looking.

1 Like

Wait! That’s a secret sign of approval!

VERRRY NICE!!

I was disappointed that Takom didn’t include a basic turret interior for their PzIB. Not even the receiver groups on the MGs.

Great work, man!!!

Thanks for commenting. I agree, Takom missed some opportunities. Maybe they will see these post and start to offer some basic interiors and accessories.

1 Like

Mike!
I’ve been waiting for someone to produce an interior for this kit too and was dismayed that nothing has come along… until I saw this thread. THANK YOU for being THAT GUY. I gave the turret interior a try but chickened out scratch building the hull interior.

What would you charge me for a set? Maybe I can help you offset what you spent getting this set tooled up. I’m seriously interested. I have a 3D printer but am nowhere near your skill level yet. Maybe one of these days. Until then, I want to keep you in business!

Please let me know. 4570govmt@gmail.com

Again, impressive work!

Pat

I would also very much be interested in the set of parts you’ve made. I don’t have a printer, so would just buy the parts from you, but if not, I have someone who can print them for me if you sell me the CAD files.

Hi, i too would be very interested in a couple of sets. Unfortunately i don’t have a 3d printer or the skills needed so i would need to buy the parts.

Very beautiful interior! Tell me, can you share stl. file? skryginserg@yandex.ru

Give me an e-mail and I can give you a link to the file or send the CAD file to you.

1 Like

I received, thank you! I wish you success! <3