Takom 1/35th scale M29 Weasel

the drivers steering levers and gear box selector, fine details.

2 Likes

best fitted prior to the drivers seat going in, gives you a little move tweezer space

4 Likes

I’ve had this on order since it came out and haven’t recieved them yet. Yes I ordered two one for a straight build and another to build the boyancy tanks on. I purchased the Monogram -c model to copy. What happened? Takom out with the -c model . it is released by now.

3 Likes

I love the current generation of models with all the petite details and greebles. This kit looks fantastic.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the comments Guys and kind words of support, it is a challenging build, not for the novice or faint hearted. If you keep your cool with regular breaks for a Iced Tea, you should get along with it.

I used tweezers and clothes pegs to pinch parts into alignment at times, like here getting the front plate to fit the air inlet surround.

The vehicle mounted Radio is nicely detailed and fits well.

4 Likes

Here’s an earlier picture of it with the Standard Army Rumour Service scale. I did mention it is a small vehicle.

view from the front. panel fitted flush.

view from the back. The PE is included in the kit.

5 Likes

Yep, not much bigger than a Willy’s Jeep.

3 Likes

basic assembly completed, I’ll place this with other models awaiting their final paint finish.

for a size comparison, here it is with the Airfix Ferret.

4 Likes

in the box of the unfinished, models awaiting ground work.

9 Likes

It’s a real nice build and reference photos I have never seen before.

Cheers,
Ralph

2 Likes

Having placed an order for glass for my recent build of the Scammell tank recovery vehicle build, I cast around for a second item to be glass cased up, and my eye’s fell on a diorama that needs finishing off, I moved some figures over for now, the General and his staff checking the map. They are in the way of where the Weasel will sit.

the figures have metal wires in their heels to act like spikes to hold the figures in position as the glue dries, his hand needs to touch the map!

now the Weasel lacks credibility with that fresh off the landing ship clean look, some weathering needed there.

5 Likes

That’s a great looking diorama.

Cheers,
Ralph

2 Likes