Takom AH-64E

Hey out there, So I picked up Takom’s AH-64E kit and over all the kit looks good. I was a 67Y (AH-1) crew chief for 5 years NY ARNG, so as far as nuts-and-bolts accuracy not the guy. The one issue that I do see is with the instruction booklet. There are zero color callouts for the kit, except for the last page. In a small, colorized box there is four side view pictures of two different birds. The color callout is limited to for exterior colors only. So, for the interior and if you want to show off the engines etc… good photo reference is required.

1 Like

What is your opinion of the kit overall? Do the rivets look right-sized? Overall assembly sequence look logical? Detail level, etc., etc., etc…

Ha! Actually, after paging through the instruction book, there are a few areas where the part placement is vague.

I just received my kit today, first impressions are very good. The rivets are nicely done. May lose some near the mating surfaces when cleaning up the seams… we’ll see. I haven’t taken the sprues out of the box just yet…only one fuselage half. I like what I see so far. I have to do a proper unboxing.

2 Likes

Sounds good. I just ordered the E model.

2 Likes

The kit does look good in itself. Looks like the instruction booklet and painting guide is the weakest part.

Just received mine from China. The parts look really nice. Lots of details.

1 Like

My two have also arrived. Excellent kits at first glance.

Unfortunately they will have to wait, the HEMTTs have priority.

2 Likes

I got the Guardian. They are nice looking kits a load of detail and a butt load of small parts.

1 Like

If anyone is interested in getting one of these, buy now.
Andy of Andy’s Hobby Headquarters says Takom has sold out.

1 Like