Takom: Gruppe Fehrmann Tiger | Armorama™

New early Tiger with steel wheels, from Gruppe Fehrmann

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/takom-gruppe-fehrmann-tiger
3 Likes

As all the collectable Cyberhobby kits on EBay drop to $0 in value…

3 Likes

This just made my morning better than a second cut of coffee! Cyber-Hobby kit value getting kicked in the nutsack is an added bonus!

1 Like

We’re only seeing CAD images, not the released kit, but I’ve started to analyse it anyway.

There are some accuracy problems, mostly with the tools, in those images of the Takom Fehrmann Tiger.

David

1 Like

Not knowing what you do, is the fix as simple as replacing the tools? Does this error extend to the other newly released Tigers?

1 Like

I can’t give a definitive answer until the kit gets released. These problems may not even exist in the release: I’m only analysing what Takom saw fit to show us. But the three Tiger kits that Takom have released, do contain some research errors.

I can say right now that the toolbox error won’t exist in any other Takom 1/35 Tiger that we know of, because none of the other kits use the toolbox.

David

2 Likes

I don’t understand what you’re saying.
“Fehrmann Tiger” kits are made by Rye Field, Dragon, and Academy.
Surely the Cyber Hobby kit lost its rarity value long ago?
And surely its value can’t go to zero? It’s still a buildable kit.

David

2 Likes

David,
You are of course correct. This was a sarcastic joke that you have deftly dismantled with logic.
When the Cyberhobby kit was issued by Dragon, it was with the promise that it was a limited edition kit that would never be offered again. The kit was going on EBay for 3 and 4 hundred dollars. Then Dragon broke that promise and issued the kit under the Dragon label. Dragon fanboys were betrayed. The Cyberhobby kit still lists on EBay for $150, but Takom’s release will certainly put a dent in that, too. Of course the kit still has value. It was just a joke. :grin:

1 Like

…and it was a joke that put a bright smile on my otherwise sour puss…

1 Like