Takom King Tiger July 1945 WIP

The following is some of the build photos so far.
I am using AK Heavy chipping fluid and this will be my first time using this type of technique.
If it goes completely pear shaped you may not see any more!

4 Likes

Nice colors and camo scheme. Hope it doesn’t go south on you cause I’d like to see further progress and finished photos.
:+1:t2:

Cheers,
C.

2 Likes

Really liking it thus far. What is that red oxide you used ? Looks very nice… I can sense more shopping soon lol… Damn these forums …
The splinter effect stands out and you have some nice clean lines…really great :+1:

1 Like

Thanks John.
The red oxide is Tamiya XF-7 red & XF-68 NATO brown eyeballed at 50/50.

1 Like

Thank god for that…at last something I don’t need to buy… It a really nice colour… Will definitely be trying that out :+1:

Some progress made. Still a long way to go with detail painting and more weathering to do.
Plus I have had a delivery of some bedtime reading.

4 Likes

Very nice job with that paint finish. Looks the business…
Are you going for a clean look and minimal tools externally ?
Weathering guide looks good…

Thanks John.
I have some 3D resin tool clamps and tow cable brackets to try.
I am going to put them on next so I can get consistant weathering all over.

1 Like

Update for today. Done some oil dot weathering,pin washes, made my own gun cleaning rods, added 3D resin holders for said rods and attached the other tools. Tomorrow painting todays additions plus the FG1250 IR night sight.

4 Likes

Coming along very nice Cats, the weather is very subtle and gives a good used look, and not over done. The 3D holders look really good. Looks alot easier and neater than struggling with fiddly PE ones… Which can be a biblical PIA … Great job

:+1:t2: :+1:t2:

Cheers,
C.

Superb weathering job on the top coats of paint. The scratches and areas of wear that show through to the hull red primer are very life-like. :+1: Truly inspirational work! I will be referencing your finished product when I finally get around to building my late war Jagdpanther.

Cheers,
Marty

1 Like

Very nice,clean work Cats. I’ll be following…
Regards Dave

1 Like

Todays update. Everything attached and basic paint job on the tools etc. Did some minor chipping to go with the scrapes.Tomorrow SWMBO permitting “mud mud glorious mud…” and a few final touches. Thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement.

4 Likes

I think you can sum that up with … " A job very well done indeed…" Lovely looking KT…and a superb sympathetic weathering and finish :+1::+1:

1 Like

Thanks John.
I shall endeavour not to go OTT on the mud.
It has got to have some with splashes and a few subtle rust streaks from the track hangers for example.
The flash has made it look far lighter overall than it does just eyeballing it.

1 Like

Finished.
Got to resist the temptation to add just a little bit more.

11 Likes

:+1:t2: :+1:t2:

Cheers,
C.

1 Like

Excellent painting and weathering! Something to aspire to :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very nice work!

1 Like