Takom model question

What is the consensus on Takom kits, in particular 1/72? One of their kits contain two COMPLETE models of an M60 - M60A1, plus M60A3, and includes PE, for less than a comparable SINGLE 1/72 Flyhawk, or Vespid kit:

:smiley: :canada:

1 Like

No idea on their 1/72 kits, but their 1/35 tank kits I have built are top notch. I highly recommend them.

1 Like

Judging by the scalemates page for this kit it seems like there are enough parts to build one kit of each version shown on the boxart in the box.

1 Like

Yeah…that’s why I said, “two COMPLETE models of an M60…”. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I have not built any 1/72 kits but I really like their 1/35 and 1/16 kits and would not hesitate to recommend them.

1 Like

Takom - no idea on 1/72

Takom - in 1/35, I’d research in detail any specific kit before buying it. I think they are improving and trying hard to please modelers.

1. Their Panzer III & Stug III kits have multiple dimensional errors based on what I’ve read on Missing Lynx. That matters to some and it doesn’t to others. In my experience, their Pz III sucked for a new state of the art kit due to poor fit in the suspension, sinkmarks, lack luster engineering and dimensional errors.

2. Most folks seemed happy enough with their Jagdtiger despite the casement fit issue. Otherwise, folks I talked with liked the kit.

3. Their Panther A kit, I’ve not heard one good word face to face from anyone that’s built it. Lot of gripes about poor fit.

4. I pre-ordered a trio of their new Tiger 1 kits despite a suspected error in the engine deck. Willing to try them again,with the Tiger kits. If their Tiger’s are as bad as their Pz III’s, I’ll write off purchasing anymore Takom products.

5. Overall my impression is comments and satisfaction seems higher with their Cold War & Modern kits.

2 Likes

I am almost done assembling one of their Blitz Stugs (the F8 Late) and it has gone together very easily. Compared to all the Dragon and MiniArt Pz III’s I did a couple of years ago this has been almost Tamiya-like in its ease.

1 Like

Their 1/72 kits are usually very good, the link and length tracks come with a former so they can be built separately from the body, detail is good and the PE is usually not overly complicated. Wish they would scale down more of their 1/35 kits.

2 Likes

Sorry didn’t catch that, not my mother language. In that case I would say no. The version specific sprues are only once per box. You could probably get around building a second M60 A3 with some scratching but no second M60A1 with ERA.

2 Likes

Sorry, you missed my point. There are parts to build TWO complete models of an M60 (no matter which versions), still two complete kits. But good to know they are recommended.

1 Like