Takom: Sd.Kfz. 250 | Armorama™

Upcoming Sd. Kfz. 250/1 from Takom

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/takom-sd-kfz--250
5 Likes

I hope they do multiple versions like their hetzers.

3 Likes

Long overdue - The Tamiya is older than I am and the Dragons are silly money for a small kit with hieroglyphics for instructions.

I’m not the biggest Takom fan but I’m all over these.

3 Likes

Excited to see the 250/1 and hope Takom has a 250/3 in the works.

I’m also very grateful the 250/1:

1. isn’t a Takom Blitz kit.

2. has working tracks instead of the typical link & length tracks

In anycase, Stalingrad 250/3 surivor in running condition

Lot of excellent pictures of the restoration!

5 Likes

Gotta have a 250/9 in the mix.

4 Likes

Oh, man. I’m going to be all over this. I hope they make a Neu version too. I may buy 2 of these.

2 Likes

I’m also holding out for the Neu

2 Likes

Maybe there will be a Big Box with maybe a 250/1, 250/3, and 250/8.

5 Likes

Oh boy,

I have feeling I will be getting a couple to add to my stash. VBG.

1 Like

pak36,mg151,pak38,twin mg34 etc​:yum::raised_hands:

1 Like

I have the Dragon /3 (Grief), /4, /7, and /11 so I am up for this and likely the other variants.

1 Like

Dragon’s kits are not great, they have several issues. This addition is very welcome.

2 Likes

I hope the kit is as good as the CAD images look. I just started TAKOM’s Tiger I late and it falls together like a Tamiya kit. I’m getting a couple of the 250s. I actually am a TAKOM fan, except for the KV-5. I did not like building that kit.

1 Like

Would love to see Takom’s rendition of Erwin Rommel’s personal 250, the “Greif”.

3 Likes

Me too! It’s one of the most iconic vehicles of WW2. But then I hope Takom is aware of the differences between Panzeraufbau 250/Z and Panzeraufbau 250E. The former is an oddity by Böhler Werke, who did the armored superstructures of the Sd.Kfz. 253 artillery observation vehicle, and were allowed to continue building this superstructure for the Sd.Kfz. 250 with an open top. The Greif was such a vehicle.

Dragon once knew about the differences, but somehow forgot. The latest kits have a strange mixture of both types. I have the Sd.Kfz. 252 ammunition carrier, and this was very poorly researched.

As far as I can see, the CAD images show Takom got the details of the standard superstructure 250E correct, so they’ve probably studied Panzer Tracts 15-1.

2 Likes

Takom may shape up to be a first rate Dragon-Slayer. If Takom keeps their B-team Biltz monkeys & their Blitz monkey philosophy away from the 250/x it will be a nice series.

Maybe Takom fired all the Blitz Monkey’s and Dragon hired them? That’s pure Blitz Monkey action right there. (J/k)

2 Likes

Would have had to put them in a time machine as well since the Dragon kits are older than Takom.

2 Likes

Boxart- Sd.Kfz. 250/1, Takom 2184 (2024)

3 Likes

That is basically correct, if you mean the sprues. But in recent years (Takom was founded in 2013), they mix sprues in an haphazard way, or add new parts that are not based on reality. So the Takom B-team theory is not to be dismissed.

2 Likes