Takom: Wittmann's Command Tiger | Armorama™

Takom is set to release a quarter scale early production Tiger I. The kit will feature interior details and include a figure of tank ace Michael Wittmann. Pre-orders start this August.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/takom-wittmann-s-command-tiger
2 Likes

This is not a release by Takom. It’s by U-Star. Yes, Takom has obviously provided assistance; but it is still not by them and if someone looks for the kit under Takom, they will not find it.

1 Like

I am analysing the previews of this kit, over at TIGER1.INFO.
Ustar are breaking new ground (in all scales) by attempting a “Command” Tiger interior. But, I’d prefer if they would fix those terrible road wheels. Perhaps they will?

David

I’m sure somebody will have a quick resin/3D replacement for you shortly.

Well, it’s become obvious that Ustar/Takom don’t know what a Command Tiger had inside it. This kit contains some important parts - notably the turret radio and generator - but omits most others.

David

The kit’s instructions are finally available to read.
Things inside the model are as bad as I expected. To make a Command Tiger interior, Ustar would have to make about thirty changes to the standard interior from their previous kit.
They made about ten changes, and many of those are faulty.
I’m sorry but if you want a Command Tiger with full interior, you won’t get it in this box.

David

1 Like

Err, I may be wrong, but was this particular tank even a Befehlstiger? Edit: Ah, found the picture, it does appear to be. However the kit contains a star aerial, that isn’t what appears in the photo (or the box art for that matter). BTW does anyone actually know what a genuine Command Tiger looked like inside?

1 Like

The tank “S04” in Wittman’s famous photo shoot was a Befehlstiger.
Befehlstigers can use the star antenna or a 1.4m pole antenna depending on what radio is inside today.
Nobody knows everything about a Command Tiger’s internals. We know the hull but there are several unanswered questions about the turret.

David

1 Like

Thanks David. There was one spread all over a field near Cintheaux in 1944(!), but either no one took any close up photos or there wasn’t enough left inside to work out where the radios went!

It really is annoying. Several photos from inside Befehlspanzer III have come to light, but no Tigers in all this time.

David

@Petition2God, please report to the courtesy Red Phone