Takom's M247 Sgt. York | Armorama™

My build of Takom's M247 Sgt York.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/list/takom-s-m247-sgt--york
6 Likes

Nice job

2 Likes

Very nicely done. I have the old Tamiya kit in the stash, this makes me want to build it now.

2 Likes

Ahhhh yes the Air conditioner killer…
Nice build

2 Likes

Looks good. Any comparisons to the old Tamiya kit (Think the program was still running when it came out. ) Some photos of the one out at the Dixie Valley Range, NAS Fallon, Nv. The MERDC camo was on her (Female cuz if it has tracks or tits It’s gonna be trouble!) from the late 80s till about 7 years ago. (paint held up pretty good in the high Nevada desert (70+ mph winds year round, Summer- 100+F, blazing sun. Winter- below freezing, snow/rain… get rain/ thunder storms in May/June too.) Video is an infomercial for the first 2 minutes. Fast forward. I Flew Into an Active Military Test Range (youtube.com)

3 Likes

Is a shame that it’s sitting out in the middle of nowhere. Someone should pick her up, restore her and put her on display at a museum. But that’s just me.

3 Likes

Thanks, Dan!

1 Like

Thank you, Robert!

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Nice work - very clean. I was stationed with the 3rd ACR in El Paso in the mid 80s, Fort Bliss which is the army’s ADA center. I saw these around base sporting desert grey MERDC.

3 Likes

Thank you very much! I wasn’t up for the MERDC scheme this time although it does look cool!

1 Like

Hello!
I’m working on one in MERDC right now. I got kinda stuck here:

What I need to do now is add some shading, but not too much - I want this vehicle to be clean, like for an inspection by a general. Let’s see how this goes.
But I can also heartly recommend the kit by Takom, it’s a pleasure to build, I even enjoyed building the tracks.
Thanks for looking and have a nice day
Paweł

6 Likes

That’s a great paint job, Pawel!

1 Like