Tameo 1/43 - Leyton House March CG881

Thought I would share this here. Something a little different Im working on for a customer.

Tameo 1/43 Leyton House March CG881 of Ivan Capelli - all metal kit. This is a commission build for the owner of Chassis #2 of the CG 891.

This kit has fought me all the way so far, and also pretty disappointed with Tameo’s attention to detail for a kit of this cost. Needed a lot of engineering to get the parts to align, and things like the castings for the wings are so lop sided I needed to completely reshape them, and also cast out of alignment.

The colour is my own mix as the Tamiya coral blue is totally wrong. The Customer sent me a body part of the car and I matched a mix to that.

Just need to complete the painting the front wing and finish detailing and Ill mount it ready for its new home.

2 Likes

Nice work Tony . Many years ago I built a few 1/43 white metal kits by Precision Miniatures IIRC . Still have a couple kits somewhere. A little too small for me these days !

Thankyou yeah theyre certainly a challenge.

Im working on the Meri kit for the LH CG891 as well and its chalk and cheese between the quality of the mouldings. Meri is very precise and needs little cleanup compared to the Tameo.

Tony,
Now that’s a really impressive 1/43 scale build for sure. Like Richard, many years ago I use to build 1/43 scale Starter kits as they’re basically curbside kits of all my favorite cars. These days I’m lucky to be able to see 1/24-1/20 scale well enough to build them.

One would have a very hard time believing that the Tameo kit was that bad, as the build to date looks fantastic.

Looking forward to your Merit build for sure.

joel

Thanks guys,

Have just finished the build for the customer. Hes happy which is the most important bit.

Yeah was surprised at the overall quality of the molds from Tameo as they are generally the benchmark for these kits (with the exception of MFH).

Now onto the CG891 build, this one looks a little more straight forward.

2 Likes

Tony,
The Tameo March CG881 came out looking fantastic. As I said before I’m looking forward to the 891 build. How about doing a build blog so we can follow how a 1/43 multi media kit is built.

joel

1 Like

I second this .

1 Like

Actually I should be able to do a huild blog on both the kits, as the customer Im doing them for loves those progress updates. So I can write one up as a comparison.

Let me get something together and Ill create another thread for the 891 as Ive got it up to the priming stage now, hoping to do the top coats this week.

Tony,
That’s great. Can’t wait to see how you build those miniature masterpieces.

joel