Tamiya 1/35 Flak 88mm

Hi all, I’m just quickly posting some pics of a build I finished some months ago. I built this kit 100% OOB and it was weathered using hairspray chipping and oil paints, to look like a well used Afrika korps 88mm. In September I entered this build into plastic battle 13 and won 1st place in the junior category. All in all I’m fairly happy with the results I got and there’s defiantly room for improvement but I think it looks good up on my self with some of my other WW2 armor!:grin:

13 Likes

Very realistic looking model, with excellent paint job and great weathering techniques.

1 Like

Looking very sweet!

1 Like

Very nice. :+1:t2:
Cheers,
C.

1 Like

Excellent. Great work Ezra and congrats on the win.

1 Like

Bravo Ezra! That kit is a classic, and you show that it sure has aged well! Very well deserved award!

1 Like

Ezra,
Great work and congratulations on your well deserved award. That is a nice looking piece; got to love that Afrika Korps look with the well worn paint and the heavy weathering. Always eye catching!!

Cheers,
Rick

1 Like

Thanks everyone! It was a fun build! Look out for my next build I will be posting in a couple days, a King tiger with a little dio base… :wink:

Nice looking build! I echo the above in that the paint and weathering is great!

Did you use decals for the “kill” rings or paint them? I am thinking of adding some to my stug build. The kit came with decals for them but I’ve been told it can easier and look better to mask and paint them. Yours looks good and I was curious how you did them

1 Like

I just used the decals, they were a bit thick so I sanded them down a bit after a clearcoat.

Thanks! I’ll think about giving them a try!

1 Like

Also just wanted to say if your profile is up to date and you’re only 15, your skills are truly outstanding especially for your age. I’ve been off an on modeling since I was about 15 (27 now), and you’re leaps ahead of where I was at 15! Keep up the cool work

2 Likes

amazing work you’ve done there and congratulations on the award, well deserved indeed.

1 Like

Good job…you are the future of the hobby, and from the looks of your 88…the future is in good hands.

2 Likes

Thanks! Haha yah my profile is up to date.:grin: