Tamiya 1/35 JGSDF Type 74 tank

Hello.
This is my 4th tank build. 5th armour build.
Please feel free to comment. I am learning and appreciate any advice.

14 Likes

Very nice. Like the camo. I built one a few years back and did it in the winter scheme.

1 Like

Thank you. I had a lot of fun building this 1979 kit.

I agree with Armorsmith! It looks very nice!

1 Like

Wow, I remember building this kit a long time ago. I painted it in the same camo scheme but yours looks much better.

1 Like

Came great! Nice job on the camo !

Thank you very much.

Thank so much.

I’m loving building armour. I had no id3a it’s so much fun.

1 Like

Same, I haven’t built a wingy thing in close to a year its all been armor! How long have you been building models all together? You said your fairly new to armor.

Hi and thanks again.

I began building models about 3/4 years ago. My hands were not working well due to serious illness.

It had been over 20 years since I’d built a model.

I still build aeroplanes and am moving to naval modellingbas well.

Here’s my 3rd tank.

2 Likes

Here is my 2nd tank. I covered it in building debris.

2 Likes

Nice model.

1 Like

Thanks very much. :smiley:

Very nice job. You just need to have the top of the tracks rest on the roadwheels.

Olivier

1 Like

I made the mistake of gluing the top section to the hull before fitting the tracks. Now they are on they don’t appear to have enough length to sit atop the wheels.

With a situation like this, what is the best way to make sag, even if not sitting on the wheels?

The best trick is the needle one. You drill tiny holes in the hull sides in which you insert bits of needle on top of the tracks.

Olivier

1 Like

Beautiful and exemplary work!
Nice

I have done some more work. This is a present for a teenage boy. He was supposed to come a few days ago, but was delayed until tomorrow. So I then had time

2 Likes