Tamiya 1/35 M4A3E8 Sherman - European Theater

WIP Sherman. I’ve yet to decide what the diorama setting I want this to be yet so I’ve stopped on the weathering at this point, but I’m thinking it will be something along the lines of entering a German village in late April / May 1945. Will add antenna and fix up a few things and further integrate the mud/dust once I set my mind on where this is going to be placed. But late April in Germany was pretty muddy so that should help steer me in the right direction. As for the naming of the tank, decided I’d give it a fictional name “Misfit”. Sounds menacing. Cheers!

11 Likes

Can’t believe your post has no comments. Just seeing this for the first time. Well done. I like the weathering you did on your Sherman.

I am sure that if you posted on Facebook you would have received a lot of likes and a few comments. Not a fan of Facebook for model build logs but for completed models they seem to pushing most of these forums aside. Sad to see. A far cray from even a few years ago when a post like this would have garnered a fair amount of attention.

1 Like

Has a grungy war worn look about it. Well done. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Looks awesome! I agree with DV it has a really nice war worn look!

1 Like

I will have to hold my hand up and admit I thought this was a different thread about another Sherm I had commented on and only just realised it wasnt. It has really got that down and dirty battle worn and been out in the European mud feel going for it. Nicely done indeed.

1 Like

Fantastic build . yes i agree it is well weathered and has that weary look.

1 Like