Tamiya 1/35 tanker

I’m a volunteer for a veterans charity, Models For Heroes, and have been doing an online figure painting workshop for them.
After 3 sessions, this is where I’m up to. Painting live and keeping the model in camera and in focus as I pain is quite a challenge!

24 Likes

That’s a Tamiya figure?! :open_mouth:
:grinning: :canada:

1 Like

It is indeed! Scanned from a real human apparently

Props to you. I am sure they appreciate it.

The figure is looking good too.

1 Like

2 Likes

Hmmm…I’m gaining respect for Tamiya (at least their figures)! :+1: :+1:
:grinning: :canada:
Now if only they would release their M-10 crew as a separate set!

1 Like

Brilliant painting, keep up the good work!

1 Like

He looks great!

How did you paint the stubble on his chin?

1 Like

@phantom_phanatic

It was a dark blue paint, heavily thinned, and built up in layers. All acrylics, in this case Scale 75 for the blue, as it was handy, but the rest is Vallejo Model Colours.

1 Like

@Tank_1812

Thanks. I’m not a veteran myself or have any links to the military, but I felt that giving something back through my hobby of so many years was a good thing to do. We also have emergency services involved as well.
Next year, fingers crossed, we will begin face to face modelling sessions.

2 Likes

To me, wanting to give back is all matters. I hope the face to face works out. I am sure those chaps would love it.

My buddy runs Models for Troops, he sends the kits but no classes or workshops. I don’t know if we could do classes or workshops going on this side of the pond. We do have a VA hospital near by, next time him and I talk I will see if that is possible.

@Tank_1812
This is the organisation and what we do, if it helps. Might be some ideas there.

https://www.modelsforheroes.org.uk/

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll give it a try on the next projects.
I tried it a few years back mixing a little grey with flesh, but they ended up looking like Flintstones.

1 Like

Reading your About Us, y’all were started based on my buddies work at M4T. “In March 2017, following a report on Models for Troops in the USA”. Truly a small world.

1 Like

Beautiful job so far Rob !

1 Like

I seem to have forgotten to update this! My apologies….

So this is after 4 sessions, before and after the 4th session, where I did some details painting, hands and muck!

14 Likes

That is fantastic!

1 Like

You’ve done a great job in that figure Rob. Didn’t catch the title of this thread at first; didn’t realize it was a Tamiya figure! Your painting skills make it look like a resin fig. Excellent !

1 Like

Absolutely fantastic results. I hope you don’t mind me saying but I’m seeing a distinct facial likeness to Phil Collins, or maybe that’s just me…

Very jealous of your figure painting skills!

2 Likes

Yes I can see that too Jim !

3 Likes