Tamiya 1/350 Kagero

This is my next Build. Have already made a start on the Hull. More to come soon…Cheers mark

7 Likes

Hi Mark,

This looks to be another fun one! If it goes anywhere as fast as your I-400 you should whip through this bad boy in a few weeks at most. I have one of these kits lurking in my own stash, so I’ll be watching with interest!

I will be watching this as well Mark . I have this kit and if I ever get into the warship mode I’ll have your blog to fall back on.
Cheers-RT

Thanks Gents. This will be a bit longer than the last Build. Go back to work next Week after a Fractured Rib…Cheers Mark

OK the major Sub-Assemblies are now together awaiting their P/E. More to come soon…Cheers Mark

3 Likes

Some of the Assemblies have now received their P/E . Some of those Parts are tiny but add a lot to the Detail. More to come soon…Cheers Mark

4 Likes

Nice, watching with interest, Mark :slightly_smiling_face:

Looking good, Mark!

Is it my imagination, or did Tamiya mold that little platform at the front of the aft deck REALLY thick?

Hi Mark,

very nice start and really clean work on the PE. It looks like there’s quite a bit of PE coming up…
I’m in and following!

Cheers
Jan

Thanks Jan and Tim. Tim they did mould it fairly Thick but was able to thin it down some…Cheers Mark

2 Likes

OK have done some work on her Tubes. The P/E really adds a lot of Detail but it was fun to put on and do. More to come soon… Cheers Mark

5 Likes

Her Gunhouses are now complete with their P/E. It was a real PITA to do the work on these…Cheers Mark

4 Likes

Her Gunhouses are now complete with their P/E. It was a real PITA to do the work on these…Cheers Mark

yer, but worth the effort :clap: :innocent:

Thanks Russell. I need the encouragement with what I did next. The Bridge and Stacks are now P/E’d. Have more to add but it is easier to do after the Base Painting. Will have some more soon…Cheers mark

3 Likes

Mark, your Kagero is looking good. Your patience with all that photoetch brass is an inspiration!