Tamiya 1/48 f4f-4 wildcat

Hello everyone, sharing my work on this US Navy F4F-4 Wildcat, VF-41 aboard USS Ranger, 1942 (Tamiya 1/48). Used Armored Komodo paint (which is based off the color tones on AK Real Colors). Thanks for looking!

15 Likes

Gorgeous! I am thinking of picking this up. How was the kit overall?

1 Like

Brilliant! Love it!

1 Like

Looks great. :+1:

1 Like

Beautiful paint job!

1 Like

Excellent painting and weathering!..Super model!
Cheers,

1 Like

That’s a real looker! Beautiful work and that Tamiya kit must really have been ahead of its time when it was released, it still holds up really well!

:raising_hand_man:

Magnus

1 Like

This looks so real :open_mouth:

1 Like

Hi,

Overall it’s pretty nice. The rudder looks too clean compared to the rest of the model though. Thanks for sharing.

H.G.

1 Like

Thanks a bunch! Typical Tamiya quality - everything lines up well, but the attachment point between the two fuselage halves are actually a bit small so you need to be careful in making sure everything is properly aligned. Pretty enjoyable build

1 Like

Thanks a bunch @ReluctantRenegade! :slight_smile:

Thanks a bunch, Ryan :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you @barnslayer - I really appreciate it

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words, Joe :slight_smile:

Thanks Magnus! I haven’t really built a lot of aircraft - but I’ve built a ton of Tamiya 90s armor - I gotta say that their aircraft has stood the test of time much better than their tracked counterparts - I find both subjects a pleasure to build, though! Excited to get my hands on newer Tamiya planes like the tomcat or the phantom

Thanks @Predator - I’m glad you liked it!

Thanks for the feedback @HGBARNES! I totally forgot about applying a wash on the stripes - partially because I wanted to be careful around the area as my decal tore a bit in that area as I applied it and had to retouch with some red and white paint. I’ll apply a light wash over the area and a bit of grime to bring it in line with the rest of the plane.

1 Like

That would be the perfect solution. Look forward to seeing refinements. Again, thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Awesome! Great looking bird. Really like your panel line work!

2 Likes

I really like the choice of colors. Very Nice!

1 Like