Tamiya 1/48 P 38 J rumor …

I have been hearing stories about Tamiya coming out with a J model Lightning - can anyone confirm this ?

Where do I order it?

I think the announcement was posted on britmodeller so it seems to be real.

The adjacent post is very timely!

Link here: https://tamiyaannouncements.com/featured-releases-early-2022/#staticmodel

1 Like

Official announcement on Tamiya USAs Facebook page

Steve

If threy do a P38J, we’re gonna need some Robin Olds decals!
gary

I think it is Kits World who already makes decals for Olds’ P-38s. They are out there.

Really,that’s the one I have been holding out for,either Marge or one with invasion stripes.

But I just gave in and got the F/G, now it looks like it’s gonna be mo money

I tend to agree with you. The P38J was what I wanted in the first place, and I see two headed my way
gary

Marge is one of the decal options

1 Like

Yes,saw that,should’ve waited a little longer,oh well just have to build two.

A Tamiya 1/48 P-38J has been my dream, ever since Tamiya did the 1/48 P-38F/G and P-38H! I got two of the F/Gs, one of them is already completed, and I have one of the white box H variant. I plan on getting at LEAST two of the J, if not three. I don’t know where I’m going to put them when they are complete, but I’ve been waiting to do the NMF ‘Marge’ forever, and then one of Robin Olds’ P-38s, and then maybe a spare, or a third J that I’ve not even considered yet. This is my dream airplane model, as the P-38, along with the Tempest, is my favorite WWII airplane!

For any of you who have not yet built one of the new Tamiya P-38 kits, you will find it to be THE most spectacularly engineered and fitting model ever, though I also have the new Tamiya 1/48 F-4B, which is supposed to be as good if not better in those areas (how, I cannot imagine!!!)

1 Like

It’s not a rumor; The J version by Tamiya will be released later this year.

Steve