Tamiya Bren Gun Carriers Question

i seen these two different Tamiya bren gun carrier kits going for the same price and i was wondering what the differences are?
is it just same the same kit with different figures in the box?

1 Like

I think they’re just reboxed.

this is the newest one offered by Tamiya, from 2001.

It’s predecessor from 1994 has new parts added…

…and the original one from 1976.

2 Likes

Sorry to be picky but that’s a universal carrier, Tamiya don’t do a Bren gun carrier.
These are photos of a Bren gun carrier note how the sides and rear are different.
IMG_2687
IMG_2688

As for the Tamiya universal carriers they have different crew figures, stowage is different and marking options are different. Both are nice kits.

If you want a Bren gun or scout carrier you can get them from Resicast along with the American built T16 or Canadian Windsor.

2 Likes

All the same 1976 parts. Different boxes, different decals. If priced the same I’d go with the most recent boxing. The decals are more likely to be usable. British Universal Carrier Mk.II, Tamiya 35249 (2001) (scalemates.com)

1 Like

That particular one is an early war Universal Carrier No. 2, developed in 1937.

the ones i posted are MkII variants (built in 1940) with updated stowage and layout, battery moved behind the divisional plate, towing hitch added. Welded waterproofed hull. Crew of four. 2-inch mortar or 4-inch smoke mortar beside gunner. Spare wheel on front hull. weighed 1/2 ton more than Mark I.

Universal Carrier MkII.

3 Likes