Tamiya Challenger 1, or "too much fun"

Yes, it would normally be on the angled part in front of cocktail stick and to the rear of the small basket. It wasn’t always done but you could see them mounted to the mesh end of the basket as the mounting bracket is easy to adapt to various surfaces.

1 Like

Schweet!

Okay. Some basic stowage, front basket cover over a wadded-up camo net, and a bunch of new grab handles on the skirts and I think I’m within a few minutes of primer.
IMG_3480 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
IMG_3481 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
IMG_3482 by Russel Baer, on Flickr

3 Likes

Great progress Russel, it’s really looking the part with where you have got it to. Also, another hats off for all the scratch building you’ve done with it as well.

Man Russel, exceptional scratchbuilding here and great use of aftermarket. But your scratchbuilding really steals the show. A lot of dedication and minute detailing everywhere. A feast for the eyes and just an outstanding build.

2 Likes

Thank you!

Engine deck screens are on, outers are Eduard Challenger, inners cut down Eduard T-55 pieces.

4 Likes

I’ve been thinking of what else to do on this before I paint, saw pics of empty fuel drums used as “dry” storage and had to do it.

Skirts are ready for paint.

3 Likes

Nice plan for the empty fuel drums :+1::+1:

1 Like

I saw pics, thought: “good idea”.

1 Like

It’s green. This time I found a more appropriate base color.

3 Likes

That’s nice. What colour is it Russ ?

Uh it’s green John.

1 Like

Haha… "You very funny man… I kill.you last ":grin:

3 Likes

Ayup, more Rustoleum camo green. I’ll still use the same Tamiya gray-green I used on the last one, but I can use a lighter application since this Rustoleum is a bit lighter.

2 Likes

I’ve been busy: black is on, decals on, initial wash done on the hull. I’m doing a tank on the Echelon sheet that I got for the last build. I just picked one that had the regular skirts and carried fuel tanks.
IMG_3690 by Russel Baer, on Flickr

7 Likes

Liking that camo. The Yellow and white markings add some pop. :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Yes, those decals sure get the attention… lovely…

1 Like

Thanks y’all. I really like Echelon decals. Not only are they well printed on thin film, the research that goes into them is second to none. I always feel confident using their guides as to how and where to place the individual markings.
I have a few more small decals to add (fire extinguishers, ammo cans, first aid box) and then I can start dusting. Plans are to do it almost exactly like the last one, no mud but a unifying coat of light dust.

Almost done.

7 Likes