Tamiya F-35A

I just pre-ordered two from Squadron.
Here’s a link:

Think I’m gonna have to pull the trigger! I know Canada is gonna select the F-35A ad their next gen fighter but not sure what the livery will look like so I’ll have to wait to build it

Reasonable? This seemz as excessively expensive as the real thing :upside_down_face:

Ahh,what can you do,thats what a new tooled big 1/48 jet cost these days.

See Tamiya Great Wall Hobbies,Meng,AMK

If we cant run with the big dogs,we stay on the porch, like me with Tamiya 1/32 fighters and 1/200 ships.

1 Like

I don’t think anything is reasonable these days, look at the prices of new vehicles…

1 Like

I more so meant reasonable from the perspective of expecting a $100+ price tag like their P-38, F14 and F-4 recent releases. $78 isn’t too bad considering all three of those are $100+

It retails at HobbyEasy for USD57. Not bad for one of the best 1/48 scale airplane models ever produced.

Unfortunately shipping from hobby easy is often prohibitive :frowning: they have fantastic prices

Wow,you paid over $100 for the P-38,is that because of shipping to Canada,I never saw it for that much.

I haven’t bought one yet, but yeah part of that was shipping to Canada. A couple local places have it fro $115, I won’t pay that.

Now that I live stateside I Might order it from sprue bros one day, I noticed they have it for cheaper

There are a lot of complaints about over emphasized detail on the fuselage, but I feel it is hard to judge by a picture.

I did notice this on some of the pictures, some of the detail looks a bit thick

I rubbed my finger on the top fuselage half, it didn’t feel exaggerated to me.

3 Likes

In Belgium I can buy the Tamiya P-38 for 61 euro which is about 60 dollar as well

Blockquote

Yes, I wouldn’t wanna judge it on pics. It’s what we see ourselves. I am pretty excited as this will be the new jet of the Swiss air force, although I am a Rafale fan, this was the right choice to go along with a 5th generation fighter. Can’t wait to see them flying here.

Bundesluftwaffe also choose F-35 as MRCA Tornado replacement. Would make sense for Tamiya to make a second kit with actual marking options then.

Some new pics of the kit built up and sprue shots. Looks awesome!

4 Likes

Those new shots look pretty nice actually. The whole thing looks very well detailed. Was it my eyes or is the canopy pre - tinted ?

My guess based on this

Is that they provided a clear and tinted canopy like in their F-16 kit

2 Likes

That sure looks nice! The pilot figure looks fabulous. All of the interior areas opened up look to be very intricately detailed.