Tamiya JSU/152 with Voyager PE track guards and metal barrel

brushing off the salt, you can see how wet everything is still.
brushing off coat a
brushing off the salt first coat
needs time and patience.
brushing off coat a shackles

4 Likes

This is coming along really well. Excellent so far! Your PE work and the painting process have been dazzling. I look forward to watching this finish transition through it’s stages. :+1:

1 Like

Yes, I too agree this is coming along nicely can’t wait to see this finished. I have the Trumpeter late SU152 version in the stash, hoping mine turns out at least half as good as yours already is. These Russian oversized and weighted vehicles are some of my favorite flavor to model. Thanks for sharing and posting your work here!

~ Eddy :tophat:

2 Likes

thanks for the encouraging comments Gentlemen, still some way to go with the salt technique stages, these fresh red stars will get fractured and toned down in the process, but you’ll still be able to make them out.
new red star left side
new red star

1 Like

third coat of another shade of olive drab over the second layer of salt. let that have time to dry before the salt gets brushed off.
second salt coated a

Is that Stug III you posted a picture of a conversion for a movie?

I think it’s created for re-enactors by re-enactors, but I can safely say it would be available for movie hire, that may cover the build cost, and potentially cover the build costs of further vehicles.

the third colour with the salt being brushed away.
third colour f

1 Like

some more views of it with the last salt brushed away.
final salt removal a

final salt removal cjpg
and an overhead view
final salt removal djpg

3 Likes