Tamiya King Tiger Porsche turret 1/35

Turned out very nicely. Spray perpendicular to the surface when you can. That should cut dow on most of the bleed through under the tape.

So, I think I might be dragging this off the shelf and do a little more on it. Gave up on it a bit ago.

So either this or another shelf queen will get moved along.

Try and post some of how it is sitting now.

2 Likes

Definitely, would be sweet to see this Porsche King Tiger go back on the bench and on to the finish line!

1 Like

That’s come out looking great. Time consuming with the mask laying, but really worth the effort… Lovely cam scheme :+1::+1:

Forgot all about this beauty…great to see it on the move again… :+1:

Thanks Tamiya, your tracks are soo wonderful to work with. now I get to buy aftermarket ones both for this one and the Henschel one I have to build.

chris-pratt-andy-dwyer

What, how? Land mine?

1 Like

That’s an unfortunate turn of events.

Was that where the connector overlaps?

What was used to secure the track ends together?

San Xin Model 1/35 German King Tiger Metal Track Links with Brass Pins SX35001 | eBay

San Xin Metal tracks are the best you can find on eBay. The alloy they’re made take blackening really well. I’ve used San Xin tracks on a myriad of my builds, including my T-72M1, T-34/85 and Tiger I (all Tamiya).

2 Likes

Seconded. I love them.

heya - as the owner of a couple of sanxin tracks that haven’t been built yet - what do you use to blacken them? I don’t have any access to the traditional products for that technique so I’m genuinely curious if there’s an alternative to those being offered by AK and co.

1 Like

I use Jax Pewter Black. You can buy it at craft outlets by the quart or the gallon. It’s 1/20 the price of the AK or Mig products. It works exceptionally well on all brands of metal tracks.

1 Like