Tamiya M20 | Armorama™

I'd like to present my latest modell, M20, Tamiya, 1:35. Painted with Tamiya acrylics with some resin additions. Enjoy, Greg Kostulski.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/list/m-20-tamiya
3 Likes

Very nicely done Greg. The subtle variation in tones on the stowage is very well done.

If I may make an observation? The decals are quite bright and in contrast to the faded dirty look of the rest of the vehicle. A flat light earthy tone, very diluted then brushed over them might help blend them into the overall look and feel. The paint needs to be very translucent, but it does make a difference:

Beautifully done! The weathering, stowage and overall paint job look excellent. I do agree with Peter that maybe a slight dust effect on the markings to tone them down a bit given the weathering on the rest of the vehicle would blend them in a little more. Excellent job though!

Share the comments on the details and overall finishing. One additional suggestion: Most WWII US wheeled vehicles, to include the M8 and the M20 usually had “bumper #s”; i.e., unit ID makings and individual vehicle #s on both front & rear of the vehicles. Here are several examples:

;

Great pics there Steve. Definitely some diorama inspiration there. It is interesting how those markings do stand out on those M8s.

Thank you for tips and usefull pics.

Thank you sir! This is my most recent dio “LIberation Day” in which I used an M-20 (from the 803 Tank Destroyer Bn on their way to St.Lo):

2nd pic of the M20

1 Like

Here’s an overview of the complete dio

1 Like