Tamiya Sd.Kfz.251/1 Ausf.D WIP

Is it bad there’s only one complete word in that title?? Here’s my German halftrack WIP/weekend (well, last weekend) build.

10 Likes

You did all that in one weekend? Did you sleep?

1 Like

I don’t have a life…therefore not an issue :rofl:

3 Likes

Like the camo. Anxious to see more.

1 Like

That’s impressive for one weekend! Look forward to seeing more.

1 Like

What brand and color did you use for the impressive brown pattern?
Thanks
DJ

1 Like

Very impressive work for a weekend. Can’t wait to see it finished.
Cheers,
C.

It’s AMMO by Mig’s Rottbraun with a few drops of Dunkelgelb

That’s one I will get!
Thanks
Fine job

1 Like

Looks very interesting, the camouflage looks interesting as well.
The decals look good to.
Did you plan to do some weathering on the model as well?
Also, what scale is the model?
And what was your overall experience with this kit?
I’m wanting to build German WW II half-tracks to.
Have ordered the Sd. Kfz. 9 FAMO from Tamiya, but want to build more of these type of vehicle.
Keep up your nice builds.

1 Like

It is typical Tamiya quality…no fit issues. Tracks are “rubber band” type so the detail is lacking, but overall a good kit. I did some more weathering yesterday (light chipping/scratches, AMMO and AK pigments) but don’t have any pics yet.

1 Like

Is this a straight OOB build Tom ? If so it gets my vote on that count as well. Sometimes I think you can get carried away on buying aftermarket bits and going crazy when in actual fact, the base kit is very presentable in its own right. I recently got the Dragon kit but the Ausf.C and thats going to be OOB.
Well done on another great build.

1 Like

Yeah John, straight out of the box. Well, 99.9%…the MP 40s on the side walls are from Tamiya’s German Weapons kit.

1 Like

Been a bit. Knocked out some figures (all Tamiya) to go with a mythical diorama I’m thinking about.

9 Likes

Everything looks really good! I really like your figures. What sort of paints did you use on them?

I primed them with Mr Paint Flat Black then used Vallejo Model Color for almost all, especially the camouflage. Applied Citadel Agrax Eathahade for a wash and used Tamiya’s weathering set A for the overall dust/dirt look

:+1: your figures and their camo smocks are great

C.

1 Like

Great job all around. Great job on the figures, very neat work!

Rich

1 Like

Your figures look excellent…great paint job!
Cheers,

1 Like

Agree with al the above points about the camo and painting … a very nice detail is the 5 o’clock shadow on some of the faces, nice touch :+1:

1 Like