Tamiya T-34/85 Kit (#35138) - 1987

The problem with Russian kit from the time is there are so many variables… Slightly different tones, fading, etc etc … I think this rendition looks very good … And at the end of the day… You’re building it, and if you like it … That’s the deciding factor … :+1::+1:

4 Likes

Plus there is also how if any weathering one plans to do. Those techniques usually darken the color so you want to start brighter/lighter than darken down to one’s desired color……but as John said.

[quote=“Johnnych01, post:21, topic:28033”]
And at the end of the day… You’re building it, and if you like it … That’s the deciding factor … :+1::+1:
[/quote] :+1::+1:

4 Likes

Agree w/ what Johnny said^^^ and its looking great so far Reynier!
Dave :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback. I’ve already thrown the gloss coat over the turret and upper hull in preparation for applying decals and washes. I also did some dry brushing of dark iron on the tracks, next, it will be a light pass with some rust washes.

More to come. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Clear coat done on the T-34. Now for the drying.

Don’t mind the M-10; that one’s getting some Olive Drab love from me as well.

4 Likes

Good to see how different tones of green look from that time, and both looking very nice.

3 Likes

Just applied decals to the build.

Chose the markings for a T-34/85 in Berlin, 1945.

Once the decals dry, then it’s off to weathering and washes.

7 Likes

Further progress on the build. Placed my order with Burbank House of Hobbies for a set of SanXin metal tracks.

I’ll be painting these in Tamiya Dark Iron and wash them in Testors MM Rust.

I also ordered a set of Tiger I tracks for a Sturmtiger in my stash.

5 Likes

When you paint in Tamiya Dark Iron, please take a photo. I will add it to the analysis of my work. :grinning: I also like this color. :+1:

4 Likes

Simple but effective.
a very good interpretation of the kit