Tamiya T-34/85 Kit (#35138) - 1987

Picked this old kit from the local hobby shop for $33.

(Nice Artwork)

It will be a straight OOB build; nothing overly fancy; see how this kit goes together. It is a Tamiya, so chances are, it’ll get done by tonight.

Not as complex as @Vladyslav Ryefield build, but it will satisfy my WW2 Soviet Armor craving until I get thd kit he’s building for us.

So… Let us begin!

6 Likes

Turret was quick and (almost) clean. I did a little boo-boo on thf cupola. Nothing some Mr. Surfacer can’t fix.

5 Likes

Well; that was quick. I’m done with my Tamiya T-34/85 build. Now for primer and paint tomorrow.

:grin:

9 Likes

Built in a day….something seems wrong by that. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Awesome!
Without any drills, wire, bolts, nuts and other things that are absolutely not needed for quick assembly out of the box!
Oh, if only I could. I would have assembled my set long ago, painted it and put it on the shelf.
And so, while I finish my own, while I paint, etc., you will write down your model for a long time in your track record and start something else!

3 Likes

Now thats rapid … Well done a nice quick clean build … looks great :grin:

3 Likes

The holes on the bottom hulls of old Tamiya kits bother me somehow.

Glued a plate of 0.10 styrene to fix that issue.

5 Likes

simply and effective

2 Likes

Threw a base coat of AK Interactive Russian Green over Vallejo Flat Black.

I think it’s too bright a shade of green, might throw a coat of Tamiya Dark Green 2 over it to dull down the brightness.

5 Likes

Personally, I like the color. I wouldn’t change anything.
In my opinion, everything turned out very well.

3 Likes

Colour looks good to me, and keep in mind that usually weathering darkens the base…

3 Likes

I think the green is good mate …

1 Like

I agree with Carlos, any weathering should darken the model down to what you want. Looks good from here.

1 Like

That’s a great 4BO. It will look excellent under weathering.

2 Likes

Thanks for the good comments about the overall color. I was a bit concerned about it, but I will move forward with the build. Currently leaving the drive sprocket and idler wheels and poly caps drying. I will have to tackle the wheels late on and once everything is painted in the base color, I will move with the gloss varnish, decals and pin weathering. All these will be done with AK Interactive washes.

4 Likes

Just finished painting the tank.

I’ll be taking care of the tracks, then work on the weathering and washes.

8 Likes

Started to do some detail painting on the hull.

7 Likes

Coming together nicely Reynier :+1:

2 Likes

Paint was just bothering me too much, so I gave the T-34 a new coat of Vallejo Protective Green.

Came out a slight shade darker, which calmed my OCD down.

Looks better IMO.

3 Likes

Yes; much better in my humble opinion.

6 Likes