Tamiya T-72M-1 update

I worked some more on the T-72M-1 last night, Finally!!! LOL Installed the smoke dispensers & 7.62 A/A gun, (almost loosing one dispenser in the process) tonight I plan on trying to finish up the turret part, or at least get it closer to being finished. I have some scratch Built parts that I’m going to be adding to the storage boxes. per a video that I saw on YouTube, ) Ricks 1/35 Scale Models…how to improve the T-72M-1 kit. I’ve been using some of his ideas. Though I admit my work doesn’t come any Where near as perfect as his does. But I’m trying

7 Likes

I built the same kit and I hated those smoke dischargers, you could never get them to line up. I almost had them lined up… Almost.

Never came out quite right IMO.

7 Likes

LOL Shoot yours looks better than mine does.

4 Likes

Ok here’s an update in my T-72M-1 Project, trying to figure out how to proceed with the gray and black, so it blends in with the green.

6 Likes

I just need to add the tracks and decals, I noticed a couple of places that I need to touch up add smoke near the exhaust port and of course, the final flat clear coat. So it’s pretty much done FINALLY !!

6 Likes

I used these metal tracks on my build and the4y came out great.

I used AK Interactive Track blackening solution after i assembled them, then ran an emory board over the contact point on the tracks.

I’ll post pics when i get home.

2 Likes

I’ll be honest. I’m wary of thoae sort of tracks. I might get frustrated with the building process. not build them correctly, Etc. I’m concerned about the RFM ones that I will be using on my Canadian LEO this coming winter. I’ve never built those type. The ones I’ve been exposed to Hard plastic on an esci M-60 really frustrated me. Ended up replacing them with a set of soft rubber tracks.

The ones I’ve used are made by R-Model and SanXin. the SanXin tracks are really nice; it’s not a full white metal pewter alloy, but a much sturdies metal alloy that takes blackening solution extremely well.

Here we go.

5 Likes

WOW Very Nice. Wished I had known about that earlier i might have ordered a set. I’m going to be ordering an Israeli Shot Kal Gimel AFV Club in the near future. would I be able to get a set of those for that kit ?

1 Like

Yes. There are metal tracks for the Shot Kal.

1 Like

Outstanding. Nice price as well. Thanks I will keep these in mind.

2 Likes

I hated those things! I don’t suppose you could just sand away the attachment points and leave them off?
Do you think it’s worthwhile, getting an aftermarket turret for it?

1 Like

Some Iraqi variants don’t have smoke launchers, so leaving them off is viable.

2 Likes

But this is a Ural turret, not the same as tamiyas.

1 Like

Then a whole new turret.

3 Likes