Tamiya's Hetzer ready for paint

It has some parts from Eduard’s, and Academy’s to make a later version.
One more off the pile of shame.

images

8 Likes

That’s nice. My local shop has the Academy “Prague 1945” model and I’m curious about it. Specially now that Takom will be releasing three Hetzer kits.

2 Likes

I have both Academy kits and built the late version as a I thought Russian tank but it turns out to be Bulgarian. I thought it was a nice kit, no real issues and looks the part (depending on one’s accuracy needs) as I recall.

They will not compare well with the Takom kit based on Takoms current offerings. I would say it probably has the price advantage but based on the Takom M103 kits that might not be the case especially considering all you are supposed to be getting.

I would be very tempted to get the the Bison decals and use the Takom kit with a scratched/repurposed parts.

@Dan, your build looks good. What scheme are you going to paint it?

1 Like

Thanks, probably the box art.

1 Like

Now I’m looking at this photo-

prise-36

3 Likes

I get that.

Not sure about all the details on what version that French Hetzer is but I think one day I will have one, maybe mid paint/markings to make life easier.

Its the late version based on the muffler and idler wheel.

2 Likes

AHQ quoted the M103 at close to $45, and to me that’s a bargin
gary

2 Likes

That IS a bargain. I usually shell over $60 USD for a kit on average, unless I order it online from Sprue Brothers (Lightning Deal) or from your random Chinese retailer on eBay.

1 Like