Tank Factory

This is a work in progress. Making a Hetzer tank factory. It will have three tanks and several more figures along with some more equipment.

35 Likes

Excellent scene with fantastic detailing.This is coming along wonderfully.

2 Likes

Very nice work, indeed! :hammer_and_wrench:

—mike

3 Likes

This going to be exceptional … looking forward to seeing more get added. Theres a ton of great work already gone into it. can you go a bit deeper in the process that got it this far ??

3 Likes

That is genuinely neat. Now I want to frame in some of my display cases that way.

2 Likes

12 Likes

Going to add some factory lamp shades

11 Likes

8 Likes

Very , very , very cool !!!

2 Likes

Superb, verging on jaw-dropping. To echo my learned friend John’s request above, please may we see some background/progress images? The walls, windows, floor, gantries etc. what’s scratch-built or if not, sourced from where? Is it inspired by period photos or all Imagination? We’re a fairly nose-y bunch especially when we see something of this quality :nose:

3 Likes

The building is a kit offered through a German company by the name of Modellbau Lasercut. It is made of medium density fiberboard. It runs around $140.00. I do not have any progression photos because I delete them as I go. This thread was initially posted on another forum by the name of Scale Model Addict. The walls were rattle canned with white primer and then dry brushed with acrylic colors. The beam and posts were covered with a craft cement type product and then airbrushed with various colors and washes. The floor was painted using various washes. As for the scenic items they come from various venders like Verlinden, Royal Model, RT Diorama, Italeri, Miniart and Matchbox just to name a few. The hose material shown on the crane and machinery is from Verlinden. The figures will also be from various vendors. I will be starting a new diorama soon so I will post more progression photos.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Delete as you go? That is a great pity… Showing the way to the result is almost as good as the result…
The factory reminds me of a youtube movie I saw about a Sci-Fi setting where a German Panzer 4 entered a time travel portal…

2 Likes

Believe it or not I have received numerous complaints from other modelers about posting too many photos on other sites.

1 Like

Overhere, you won’t. I never saw a single complaint…

3 Likes

Great to hear…

3 Likes

This is the film I was referring to:
German World Invasion Diorama / WW2 Science-Fiction Time Portal scale 1:35 - YouTube

2 Likes

What a great video…thank you…and just to clarify my earlier post. I don’t delete photos from the thread but from my phone (storage issues). So when I post on another site, I no longer have the previous photos.

1 Like

6 Likes

You’re welcome. I always keep those pics. Both on my pc (transfer them there from my phone) and in de the projects I create on scalemates…

1 Like