Taycan or Tesla anyone

no models around of any of those two?

Is someone aware if we may expect a 1/24 scale of either soon?

Haven’t seen any signs of either. Wouldn’t be surprised if Revell made the Porsche.

drabslab,
I also haven’t seen nor heard of either car being currently modeled in ejection plastic. But a Telsa may be as a super expensive Multi Media kit. Just not to sure how one would go about finding out that information.

joel

I’ve been looking for literally any Tesla kit for years. Closest I’ve gotten is getting the 1/18 scale ABS shell from the factory (uncle works in stamping at Fremont). I think somewhere there’s a resin kit for the Model 3, but I can’t find anything else. If a company made a Tesla kit I’d buy 5.

1 Like

Yeah, a 1/24 styrene Tesla would be great - but I’m guessing they’d have KILLER licensing fees from the 1:1 maker.

Lee,
Ain’t that the truth.

Those pesky and super expensive licensing fees really do limit what a lot of the model companies can afford to spend. And then the end cost to us modelers may make the kit out of our purchase range.

joel

one would think that the 1.1 producers would love the extra publicity

drabslab,
Unfortunately the bean counter/suits see it as just another opportunity to increase the bottom line. F1 teams have huge licensing fees, and Nascar has gone the opposite with restricting their licensing to just the Die Cast companies that they have contracted with who sell them at the races. there’s really no other source for current Nascar models, which is why you just don’t see any kitted these days. About the only way to build a current or almost current Nascar stock car is in resin for now.

joel

Although can hope, considering that Tesla made all their patents open source. I have a contact in their factory, maybe I could get in touch with someone from marketing to suggest they contact a kit maker :grin:

2 Likes

Dennis,
It never hurts to try. But the vast majority of time, it’s the kit manufactures that gets in touch with the car manufactures.

joel

1 Like

True enough. Perhaps staging a picket line at the Fremont factory will force Aoshima’s hand.

1 Like

Dennis,
With my luck, I’d get arrested as a terrorist.

joel

2 Likes