Teaching people about snow

7 Likes

That is brilliant… And yet they just stood there…

They were all taking that ultimate photo will their cell phones.

In one of the books by Sir Terry Pratchett he used the phrase “terminally bewildered”.
https://books.google.se/books?id=Bh9VrfptqScC&pg=PT124&lpg=PT124&dq=terminally+bewildered+discworld&source=bl&ots=7oiKbuorKa&sig=ACfU3U3xbLJkUJZdFaAiWKf9_tzypyZaYQ&hl=sv&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwihifK8ntDuAhWxlYsKHdPCCJQQ6AEwAHoECAQQAg#v=onepage&q=terminally%20bewildered%20discworld&f=false

I think ‘terminally bewildered’ fits the passengers that platform …

3 Likes

Brilliant!!

Well, since there is no app to tell them the get the hell out of the way…
“Terminally bewildered”… is that a nice term for braindead moron?

3 Likes

I think so. People who are too stupid or confused to run away when a possibly fatal danger is approaching. Like a deer in the headlights …

1 Like

I do think it’s a tad odd the engineer didn’t even blow his horn or anything at them.

They really wanted that video or photo I guess.

Or the engineer was feeling a tad evil and wanted to drench those people…

1 Like

Horn is blowing.
People think: Oh yeah? Just another train passing. Some take out their phones to make a cool video of the train passing.
Nobody thinks about the weight of snow that has been packed into drifts. It isn’t soft and fluffy anymore …

No matter how safe we think we make the world, Darwinian self-selection finds a way around it…

4 Likes

The Force of Darwin runs strong in those ones …

1 Like

Amazing, as my grandfather liked to say “stupid is as stupid does”.

At least they captured their potential Darwin Award nomination on video.

2 Likes

Your grandfather was Forrest Gump? :laughing:

1 Like

Lol something like that

1 Like

As a WTC survivor I agree. I remember seeing a number of people who stood their ground when the second plane hit whereas I turned and ran like hell. Were they trying to compete to see who could catch the most falling debris?

This reminds me of the Rincewind character in the Discworld books.
His motto is: RUN!
The answers to questions like: Why? From what? Where to? will simply have to wait and/or take care of themselves.

2 Likes

It’s not important to decide where to run TO, all that counts is running FROM…

3 Likes

Just love all the Terry Pratchett’s, some are very deep.

1 Like

Great video, Robin! :smile:
Now, we can imagine how the engines looks like running through the snow barrier but what I really would like to know is, how the people on the platform looked like after the train was through … :crazy_face: At least someone survived to upload the video.

1 Like