The Addiction is Real - Revell 1/48 F-15E Strike Eagle Kit #5511

So at the moment I have 10 models waiting to be built. ( 6 aircraft +4 armor pieces) Just completed one (M-60A3) still working on another, FGA-9. Then I’ve been thinking about Buying Yet another. Of which I’ve discussed Here, inquired about one. Meanwhile another past project cropped up, a favorite of mine. Revell 1/48 F-15E Strike Eagle Kit #5511. I had some relative success with it. But always wanted to go back and build it again, and see if I couldn’t improve on my past work. SO. GUESS WHAT ? YEAH I placed an order for one earlier today.

2 Likes

It takes on a life if it’s own for sure. I’m at around 40 kits in the closet and on the bench and was shocked it had gotten that high.

But it didn’t stop me from ordering Kotare’s Mk. I Spitfire yesterday….

1 Like

LOL I believe you are correct, it’s funny because from all the years that I’ve been building which began in early 70s. I don’t recall having so many models at one single time. Usually 3 maybe 4 at a time. which I would work thru pretty quickly. But these days. I’m taking longer to get thru one. But. I also work Mon-Friday usually 8 hours & some times even longer. Occasionally on Saturdays. which takes additional time away from being able to complete one. The Current project Revell 1/32 Hawker Hunter FGA-9, is a renewed attempt to complete a project that was lost hence left unfinished. I’m excited about getting the F-15E as well. BUT I have the F-4EJ to get thru first. ( Summer project) in between that are two 35 scale tanks. a Panther late G model and a T-72 M1. So yeah I definitely have…A Problem LOL

1 Like

AND Look what arrived in the mail today. Both the shipping box as well as the kit box were both a little beat up…BUT the kit box still had the plastic on it. ( That was a nice change) and it was wrapped very securely in the shipping box. 4 clear wrapped sprue bags, the canopy was perfect, though I’m going to have to remove the seam on the top. And that’s Ms Panda. The family cat checking things out LOL

1 Like

I have one, been sitting in the stash for about 6-8 years. I’ve heard it is a very good Strike Eagle kit but didn’t have a lot of armament for the under wings so I also bought an Academy one, I think it’s an Israeli version. I’ll need to do a little research about which bombs and rockets I can use on my Revell Strike Eagle. Mine is still unopened in case I ever need to sell it. Good luck and keep us informed when you start your build.

Hey Lakota. Thanks. I built one Year’s ago and enjoyed it, the one I had came with alot of ordnance, which ended up weakening the landing gear ( left side) so along with white metal landing gear plus
3d decals for the cockpit area ( I think that’s what they are called) I’m going to purchase the extra ordnance, (bombs) so yeah I’m looking forward to building this one with Lakenheath Markings. & I certainly will. I hope you get around to building yours in the near future.

The wayback machine has this article about typical loadouts in Desert Storm, though I guess that doesn’t apply if you’re doing a Lakenheath Eagle:

Hi Phil.
Thanks for that information. Ive always wanted to do one with those Markings. So yeah it’s going to be interesting. I also have a C model that I plan to do in the 80s war color / markings.

Yeah, I was thinking about doing it for the teen spirit campaign. I think bombs for it cost as much as the kit so I have hesitated. And of course, I’d like to do the Tamiya tomcat.

AH Yes. The Vaunted Tom Cat. And I will Raise You with a Zukie Mura F-4EJ Phantom -II Both are interesting builds I have built both in the past as well. (Just not the Z.M. version) But again that was a Really Long time ago. The F-4 Phantom and the F-15E have always been my favorite two fast Movers. So having them both in my stash again is pretty exciting for me.

@Dagger1959 Let us know how the F-15 Eagle goes Dennis. I myself just finished my very first model, a Revell Top Gun F-14, and I am about to start my Tamiya F-15C Eagle.

1 Like

Thanks I will. It’s going to be awhile before I can start it. But I’m looking forward to building it.