The Army of "Z"

AK Real Colors has Modern Russian Green RC098 and the Russian Grey Green RC100 plus the Russian Greyish Yellow RC099 and Black 6RP RC 071 and you can buy them all together in AK Real Colors paint set #16. Damn good colors and damn fine paint.

2 Likes

Somebody’s zavod needs better bearings. Follow your intuition Rob. I have the Zvezda kit and it’s gorgeous. Microdesign also does 4 PE sets for it if you want to get all crazy on it.

1 Like

Meng makes one

I think I will get the Zvezda kit. I think they might have a deal worked out with Kamaz.
I love Meng kits and could probably get this one free, but after looking at the sprues I just don’t think the way they made the cab will yield as detailed a model as the Zvezda one. Maybe I’ll get another as I did want to do a comparison of Zvezda, ICM, and Meng trucks in general. I guess could you could throw Trumpeter and Tiger Model into the mix. What I’d really like is for any of them to take that they already have and make a kit of the 6560.

1 Like

I have the Meng version and I’ll take a look at it later today to soak up its details.

I’m, sure it’s a great kit, but I know what to expect with the Zvezda cab.
As for a 6560 - so close, and yet…

It would take a Pantsir and the beds from two 5350’s to get this in 1/35. Might be worth a shot - the 5350’s could have shelters added to them.

I have a bunch of those paints just haven’t done any armor as of late to try them for the first time. Can’t wait to use them, may have to get that Russian color set.

1 Like

I neglected to post MCTA-C progress from yesterday. Coming along well.

3 Likes

Awesome work on the Kamaz and the MSTA is falling together! Looking forward to your updates

I’ve been experimenting with a few different ways of doing the markings. Aside from just using a brush and my wife’s white tempura, there’s this, for when you want a bit a of a sloppy random look.

10 Likes

Very cool effect ! I may have to try that.

What is that? A tape machine?

1 Like

A Tipp-Ex roller applicator.
Tipp-Ex dry transfer applied to a plastic carrier tape, pull it backwards over the
print you want to cover and you have a neat white strip.
DO NOT rub it back and forth like my wife did, I was not able to get her to understand
that it was not a regular eraser …

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tipp-Ex-Pocket-Correction-Roller-5mmx5m/dp/B01H2T3M0Q
One example, there are probably others …

3 Likes

Fine tip paint pens will work for those improvised markings.

We’re still talking about the tip, right? Just the tip?

8 Likes

Yep.
Flip up the little lid, grip the correction-tape holder firmly and rub it back and forth with
vigourous motions. Act surprised and tell husband that the stupid contraption doesn’t work.

One of the few times that my brother in law visited us he took one long step past the
Astro Turf door mat,
looked disdainfully at it and remarked that the door mat is useless at catching sand from shoes.

Yeah right I thought, stupid schmuck, of course it doesn’t work if you don’t step on it.
He’s the kind of stupid that would walk backwards into a minefiled using the metal detector to sweep the area he had just walked over …

1 Like

That reminds me of someone, that wanted a 12 inch pizza, cut in to 6 pieces ,as couldn’t eat 12 pieces of a 12 inch pizzas.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Famous last words…
The gun isn’t loaded.
Don’t worry, honey.
:grin:

2 Likes

Just don’t be this guy. I’m using this photo this weekend when I teach PMI to my unit.

5 Likes