The Big 3 Universes - Star Wars-Star Trek - BSG

:100: :+1:

1 Like

Iā€™m in. I was 13 when the original hit the theaters in '77 and have been hooked ever since. Been a few decades since I built a Star Wars model but Iā€™ve got a few lurking in the Holy Stash so Iā€™ll bust one out and have some fun.

3 Likes

Good to have you along Mattā€¦ I think whatever I end up doingā€¦ It will be the dark side

Absolutely on board with that John.

Cool, 3 yes votes is all I need to amend the rules :grin:

Hand waveā€¦.you have the 3 votes you need to amend the rules.

1 Like

Yes, excellent idea. I do the same for the Sci-Fi campaigns. Any unfinished build from previous campaigns can be finished as an entry in the following campaigns even if 99% done.

Obviously can only count in one campaign. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just throwing this out there for feedback ā€¦

Instead of just keeping this to Star Warsā€¦ How about enlarging to include the big 3 SciFi universes ā€¦
Star Wars
Battlestar Galactica
Star Trekā€¦

Basic rules as above in the first post ???

7 Likes

Iā€™d go with that. Iā€™ve got several sci-fi kits the stash that get neglected in favour of other builds.
These campaigns seem to be the only way I get a chance to build them.

An idea I have been toying with for a while is a build of the K7 Space Station from the TOS episode ā€˜The Trouble with Tribblesā€™. My plan is to display it with the 1/2500 Enterprise, Klingon D7 and a cloaked Defiant. The Defiant is a Japanese snap-kit moulded in clear plastic Iā€™ve been unsure what to do with and I thought, what the heck? They did do that crossover episode in DS9.

But, if we decide to stick with Star Wars, Iā€™ve got some kits that I desperately need to build!

3 Likes

If I get a few more saying they think itā€™s a good idea, I will swap the main campaign title to reflect it :+1:

1 Like

Fine by me. Getting the Bandai Snowspeeder next week so the sooner the better for me, although could fire that into the current sci-fi campaign and do something else for this. Still got standard x and y wings to doā€¦

2 Likes

Just picked up one of Bandaiā€™s Mandalorian kits so great timing for an OCT start on my end. No issue on my end if you open it up to the other SciFi universes, but I am a Star Wars fan more so than the others.

Good Luck! Have Fun!

3 Likes

Look forward to seeing the build Scott, which kit is it ?

I picked up The Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) Silver Coating Ver.

Bandai Spirits No. 5061797 1:12

A ā€œcleanā€ armor build will be different!

1 Like

Just looked that one up, looks pretty cool, and a decent size as well ā€¦ Nice choice :+1:

1 Like

Okā€¦I am in ,I donā€™t know with what, weā€™ll seeā€¦ :thinking:ā€¦something 3D printed would be also ok or only kit? ā€¦ I have both choices itā€™s just to know

1 Like

Iā€™m in. After subscribing to Disney+ and watching Star Wars, the ā€œBook of Boba Fett,ā€ I am really inspired by the Star Wars story after the trilogy. I think Disney is on the proper track with these TV series.

Iā€™ll build something from the ā€œBook of Boba Fett.ā€

4 Likes

Youā€™re in the minority with that opinion, unfortunately.

7 Likes

3 pointsā€¦

1. Peter @Trisaw , welcome to the madness and look forward to hearing more about what youā€™re going to build :+1:.

Interested by that and would be an interesting thread to start in General discussions - shenanigans area ? Could be good to get other opinions as Iā€™m on the fence on some but annoyed by other parts and pleased in other areasā€¦ ??

1. Tonight I will change the title here and the general rules to reflect on this will now be a big 3 universe build ā€¦ SW, ST & BSGā€¦ Keep checking in later :+1:
5 Likes

So far I am only watching ā€œThe Book of Boba Fettā€ and I have not watched the other Star Wars Disney+ TV series. :grinning: