The Big 3 Universes - Star Wars-Star Trek - BSG

Red 2 interior and Wedge along with Red 3 and 4. All the helmets were hand painted or inked as close to the replica helmets I could do.

I’ve decided that from this point on I’m going to concentrate on just Red 2 to try and get it done before the end of February.

7 Likes

Really nice seeing the individual helmets get done. :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks Johnny, these old eyes and feeble hands appreciate that.

4 Likes

Wow awesome painting!!!

Thank you.

Had a good few hours at the bench yesterday. Still need to clean the seams on the wing faces which were filled with “sprue goo” last night and clean the seams on the laser cannons this morning. Should be in primer by the end of today.

Okay, waiting for paint on 5 builds to dry, so I dragged out my entry for here. Fine Molds X-Wing 1/48th scale:

Bought the kit from a second hand store in Tokyo when on holiday. Bought a few kits there. To save room I spread the sprues around to fill space in boxes and folded others down. When I opened this one, I found the clear sprue for a Tamiya Simca kit. I started that kit for the Bulgarian build and stopped when I thought I was missing the sprue!

First stop, putty city for the sink marks. BB-8 keeping an eye out to make sure it dries.

9 Likes

Great idea but I hate when you don’t reassemble the sprue back correctly afterwards.

4 Likes

Great idea Peter.

I loved the FM 1/48, my brother had brought one home from Japan for me. I believe I still have the English translated instruction sheets if you need them.

ETA: I checked my files and they are for the 1/72 not the 1/48.

Contrary to what I thought, it does look like Red 2 will be done today. We’ll see if I can pull it off.

Dave

3 Likes

Got Wedge to a point that I can call it done.

On to the Sci-fi IX with Biggs.

9 Likes

Great finish and the misted white filter worked a treat. Really tones it down into a space battered ship…lovely work :+1:

Nice start Peter…looks like we are on the way to an X wing Sqn :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Johnny

I took a crappy photo while trying the over spray. I will be using this in the future for sure, its a nice technique to have in the quiver.

5 Likes

Can never have enough X-Wings. LOL

2 Likes

Roger Roger Droids GIF - Roger Roger Droids Starwars - Discover & Share GIFs

6 Likes

What’s our clearance, Clarence? :roll_eyes: :wave:

2 Likes

What’s the frequency, Kenneth?

2 Likes

What’s the vector, Victor?

4 Likes

Time I think to make a quick start on my build…

A really quick and simple looking kit currently being boxed in Polar Lights ‘Space Seed’ edition of the 1/1000 Enterprise.

Star Trek II is one of my favourite films, so I can’t really do a collection of Trek ships without including this one.

3 Likes

Im still looking for a decent smallish Star Wars effort to throw in as a well …

1 Like

Bandai do a double set small scale Star Destroyer and Death Star II. I’ve got it myself somewhere. Only a few pierces for the Star Destroyer, finished model is about 3" in length or there abouts. Death Star is about the size of tennis ball. Challenge is in the painting of that one.

1 Like